Is there a problem with my wii light?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by borley, Jul 25, 2007.

Jul 25, 2007
  1. borley
    OP

Newcomer borley Member

United Kingdom
    Hi i just bought a new wii with a winja v2 chip installed evrything seems to work fine apart from that the blue drive light only flicks on quickly when i put a disc in. Is this normal/ as i thought the light was meant to be on all the time i looked at the settings and tried the illuminatin setting on connect 24 but no change, or is this a side affect of getting it chipped.
    Many thanks
    Borley
    sorry its not just when you put a game in it just flickers once when you turn it on.

2. phantastic91

Member phantastic91 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    xD hahahah

its normal. theres a blue light when nintendo sends you something or someone sends you something through wiiconnect24. Example is if you get a message from a friend or by email then the light will go on and stay like that until you turn on your wii.

3. borley
    OP

Newcomer borley Member

United Kingdom
    Ok excellent thanks for the info
    Borley

4. cardyology

Member cardyology GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I personally think that its a bad idea to leave wiiconnect24 on in order to recieve the nintendo "presents"

Apparantly, the NIC inside the Wii gets too hot and melts other components in the wii. This caused my first wii video problems.

Leave wiiconnect on by all means, but not for too long. Or it'll get too hot.

Its discussed on DCEMU forums but we're on GBA temp which is a far better place so Im not linking to those forums...

Read about it here....