Is there a patch to let programs run if the DVD drive is not detected?

susbaconhairman

I am the official skribbler
OP
Trophies
Website
skribbl.io
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that my Wii's disc drive is broken, and some apps will not work because of it. Some include RiiConnect24, Wiimmfi, Mii Maker, and the Wii Shop Channel, as well as some other things but I forgot. It seems like Nintendo added this in as a feature or something, because I don't see why a disc drive is needed for applications that don't use it.

Reactions: SaulFabre

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that my Wii's disc drive is broken, and some apps will not work because of it. Some include RiiConnect24, Wiimmfi, Mii Maker, and the Wii Shop Channel, as well as some other things but I forgot. It seems like Nintendo added this in as a feature or something, because I don't see why a disc drive is needed for applications that don't use it.
DVD drive is required

• Haha
Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Because there is a hardware check on boot up
@Shadow#1
You're wrong, the disc reader is the only non-essential component of the Wii. I've seen several videos about Wiis where they just have a broken DVD drive and it still works fine.
However, a Wii won't show any image if the Wi-Fi adapter, Bluetooth adapter, or any other essential component is failing or missing.
(Look at all messages of this thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/will-the-wii-function-without-a-disk-drive-plugged-in.431455/)

@susbaconhairman
RiiConnect24 i don't think it needs the DVD drive...
Wiimmfi works fine on USB Loader GX too...
The DVD drive is just for play retail games that you have on original Wii discs but you have USB Loader GX as an option for load Wii games from USB... :)

susbaconhairman

OP
Trophies
Website
skribbl.io
XP
Country
United States
@susbaconhairman
RiiConnect24 i don't think it needs the DVD drive...
Wiimmfi works fine on USB Loader GX too...
The DVD drive is just for play retail games that you have on original Wii discs but you have USB Loader GX as an option for load Wii games from USB... :)
Every time I try to load a DVD drive-dependent app (including RiiCOnnect24), this screen shows up and I have to power off the console.
1666054189697.png

Also, how would I use Wiimmfi on the USB loader? Is it also possible to play pirated games on a USB? My Wi's drive has been broken for as long as I can remember and I've never been able to play Wii games on there, just old retro games on emulators.
Post automatically merged:

Here is one of the posts from there:
1666054486284.png

Was a pack ever released?
I read more and there is a pack called "portablizemii," I will try installing that and see if anything changes.

Last edited by susbaconhairman,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time I try to load a DVD drive-dependent app (including RiiCOnnect24), this screen shows up and I have to power off the console.
View attachment 332477
Also, how would I use Wiimmfi on the USB loader? Is it also possible to play pirated games on a USB? My Wi's drive has been broken for as long as I can remember and I've never been able to play Wii games on there, just old retro games on emulators.

Here is one of the posts from there:
View attachment 332478
Was a pack ever released?
I read more and there is a pack called "portablizemii," I will try installing that and see if anything changes.
Like I said

susbaconhairman

OP
Trophies
Website
skribbl.io
XP
Country
United States
I used https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/how-to-install-portablizemii.388/, opened the app in the Homebrew Channel, and it said it could not open /bbloader/themes/BBmain/theme.xml, now I will try installing what the link above says is the newer version or something.

I tried installing RVLoader, and everything went well, but now my Wii will not display anything but it will turn on, on my tv it says there is no signal coming from it. I did enable VGA patching and i disabled the patch out wifi option because it said something about enabling it if i had no wifi chip or if i was gonna remove it, if it matters.

I just deleted the rvloader files from my usb, then i flipped an hdtv/tv switch on my av cable to tv, now the screen is coming on but it is cycling through an rvloader thing, it says it cant open a theme file and it tries to do that over again. i think i just nedded to flip the switch and then it would work, but i fucked it up because there are no proper files anymore :( i will try to see if i can get them back somehow.

I think I just need some theme files from another system, I'll try to ask people if they have any. If you see this message and you have any RVLoader files on your USB, please message me

Ok, I fixed the issue, I just put the RVLoader back on the USB from the release, now I will try to uninstall it since I don't need it. Also my Wii is putting out black and white picture but again I think uninstalling RVLoader will fix it. I flipped the AV switch to HDTV, and the color is back, so THE ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED.

But I still need a patch for the DVD drive, programs that depend on it still do not work.

Last edited by susbaconhairman,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: