ROM Hack Is there a patch/cheat/hack for Mario Maker that lets me play it without having a Mii?

retrospect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Usually if a 3Ds game needs a Mii and there isn't one, it makes one up. Mario Maker for 3DS insists I make a Mii in the Mii app but I kinda like that I've got this far without having to. I wondered if there's a way to play it without one?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Usually if a 3Ds game needs a Mii and there isn't one, it makes one up. Mario Maker for 3DS insists I make a Mii in the Mii app but I kinda like that I've got this far without having to. I wondered if there's a way to play it without one?
This makes zero sense why wouldn't you just make one?

tfocosta

GBAtemp Z-Warrior
Trophies
Website
nooooooooooooooo.com
XP
Country
Canada
I would say you can't. Even using Citra emulator you end up having to install the Mii Maker app in order to play certain games like Super Mario Maker. Otherwise, it won't take you from that screen asking to create a Mii. It takes you a few seconds. And you don't even need to be accurate with the looks. A random one will do fine. :)

Last edited by tfocosta,

ack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
download a save and use that maybe?

tfocosta

GBAtemp Z-Warrior
Trophies
Website
nooooooooooooooo.com
XP
Country
Canada
download a save and use that maybe?

You need a Mii to start the game, even before the screen loading the save shows up. Otherwise, you'll get stuck. Games like Mario Maker and MK7 require a Mii to start the game. I'm not sure about the reason for Mario Maker, but MK7 is because it will use your Mii as one of the characters available to play from the beginning.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure about the reason for Mario Maker,
Pretty sure it's because the game attaches a picture of your Mii to stages you create. Doesn't really mean much, especially with course distribution being limited to local wireless, but...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol