Hacking is there a NOOB FRIENDLY wbfs manager for linux?

BedtimeGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im using open SUSE kde (from a live cd)... and cant get into windows for a while. is there a wbfs manager (preferably with a GUI) that is easy to install... and use. i also have access to live cds for kubuntu, open suse gnome, pc linux os, fedora, and linux mint (it is essentially like ubuntu, if you know about ubuntu...). so if anyone can tell me HOW TO INSTALL and use a wbfs manager for any of those OSes that would be great.

BedtimeGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ooooooooooooooooook how about some help in the noob friendly installation department. im sure i would be able to do it if open suse kde had apt-get and... the site wasnt spanish. any help with installing it? (i never have understood how to install software in linux...)

shepe

Trophies
XP
Country
open suse uses yast its been a whle since I used it but if I remember correctly you will need to add the repositry where its located then use yast install package name!

BedtimeGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no, i mean i have ABSOLUTELY no idea how to use linux, trust me. i need to essentially be told what to click on. if no one knows how to in opensuse then i can always just use another distro, no big deal there. by the way, do i just go into yast, then software repositories, and add the url from the download link?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's what i did to get it working on ubuntu 9.10.

click the search button in the top right
type wiithon
click search
click on the first page in the search results
follow the instructions in the first post by the author or wiithon

BedtimeGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fiiiiiiiiiiiine, be like that. well, i was at the home page before, which was in spanish, and the guide there (after some google translation) was obviously for users of GNOME ubuntu... but w/e for the time being i will just use ubuntu for my wbfs managing. thanks for not helping giantpune.

BedtimeGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
... wow, i feel so stupid, its just i never had to use terminals in windows... so im lost. do i just go into the directory of the extracted tar, open a bash terminal and type "make"? because that wont work for me, unless those instructions were for ubuntu, in which case ill boot into it later. thanks.

matguitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try the RPM from the link i give you it will just install like windows

for using terminal you have to be in the directory for that, use the command "cd" (change directory)

ex: cd download

you should be in : /home/yourname/download/

for see what file are in that directory use the command "ls"

after doing a "make" you have to do a "sudo make install" you should be ask to enter your password for use root privilege

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to be condescending, but if you're using Linux you would do yourself a lot of good to learn how to use the command line, as it's a text based operating system and there are often programs with no GUI's, it's just the nature of Linux.

BedtimeGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i know, i just got linux... like yesterday. so obviously im working on learning about it, you wouldnt believe the amount of stuff ive read. and thanks matguitarist, workes perfectly.

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
baffle-boy said:
... wow, i feel so stupid, its just i never had to use terminals in windows... so im lost. do i just go into the directory of the extracted tar, open a bash terminal and type "make"? because that wont work for me, unless those instructions were for ubuntu, in which case ill boot into it later. thanks.

well the site I think is for all versions of linux what I did was extract the .tar then go into the directory in a terminal and type make, this will output wbnfs_gtk which you can then run using sudo wbfs_gtk or whatever you do in suse, I use mint so its ubuntu based but try it in there if you need to, I did find this app pretty easy to use, just rember to find out which drive you want to use, I found this out on gparted the name of the drive, and then you just add the iso to the wbfs drive like you do in windows its as easy as that

Blob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! Couldn't find better installation instructions!!!!

Check the Wiki @ his googlecodes site for this app... That's all you need to do once you've got this awesome app downloaded!

Worked good for me on my ubuntu jauny build!

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well...I personally also wanted an GUI WBFS Manager first, but then I switched to Wiimms WBFS Tools. I realized that all I need is a function for adding games, and not more. And for that, this was the best and the most Noob Friendly way...(just place the .bins in the right place, type in the Terminal wwt -vv -a add , hit enter and dang, you're on). And if you want more, there are plenty of other options...not to mention that this is the best binary outthere.

But yeah, if you really want a GUI, all good and advanced GUIs have been named (Wiithon, and the other one). Good luck on installing these, I can't help, I'm an Ubuntu-User
tongue.gif

makiolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Blue-K:

wiithon is GUI & CLI:

For add a iso is simple:

wiithon -a game.iso

@baffle-boy:

if you want install wiithon in windows style (without repositorie).
It is for ubuntu 9.10. Download & double click only:

Download wiithon 1.16 rev393 (32 bits)
Download wiithon 1.16 rev393 (64 bits)

If you have problems autodetect partitions WBFS, make it:
- Open terminal
- Write "sudo gpasswd -a $USER disk"
- Reboot session GNOME/KDE

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't have prime, I order once I am orderign $35 worth of stuff
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bet you don't pirate game either
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I even convinced my dad to watch Fallout lol. He's enjoying it so far
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They really wanna get the head
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show.
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    legit nobody irl knows I'm trans(it hasn't been long enough yet)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Be really careful out there. There are people who use trans people to their advantage, and its really sad in general. :(
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    also scary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Chasers and homophobia.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They're very common on social media.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ik about the phobias Im used to it but what's a chaser
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Whoever you disclose your gender identity to, keep it private between your friends.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    irl or online
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Nobody is safe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    eh I don't keep it private, not much happens except idiots on TikTok making a fool of themselves
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    im still curious as to what a chaser is tho
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, A chaser is someone who uses (mostly trans) individuals to their advantage, stuff that they are uncomfortable about.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    thats weird
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    blahaj will keep me safe
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    damn I forget my school blocks every video
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: damn I forget my school blocks every video