Hacking Is there a new DVD Backup Launcher?

memevertical

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been always using 0.3 gamma to load my DVD's, I moved to USB loader and didnt use gamma for a while, but I recently saw somewhere that there is a new way to launch discs from the wii disc channel. And I'm not referring to how you can go into Gamma and load the disc and then go to the wii disc channel, what I heard was something that makes your wii recognize the discs just like that without running any channel first.

Is this true?

Thanks

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cIOSCORP. But only use it if you know what you are doing, because it's very risky.

Also, get rid of Gamma 0.3 and get Neogamma, because Gamma 0.3 is obsolete.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
cIOSCORP. But only use it if you know what you are doing, because it's very risky.

Also, get rid of Gamma 0.3 and get Neogamma, because Gamma 0.3 is obsolete.

Nah, it´s not risky at all. Just let it finish and dont interrupt it.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
G0dLiKe said:

It's riskier than updating boot2 & some people had a problem with that.

usb loading is safer, quicker & more convenient.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cIOSCORP is dangerous "required" as part of a guide.
it is not required at all.

it should only be used by people who know what IOS are used for.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
G0dLiKe said:

WTF ??

ANY and ALL modifications to the wii are risky and anything installed on any wii carries with it a slim chance of bricking it (though usually if done incorrectly). Its best to make people aware of what they are doing and not give them a false sense of security so they will try it.

Modding you wii in any shape or form has an attached risk - that risk is statistically lessened by the amount of people who have successfully installed an app , but none the less it always exists.

If your unsure of anything , read read and read again - dont ever try something if your not 100% sure what your doing as there are a lot of answers on here , but you need to read up on them. In the end its always down to the person modding the wii as they will be the one crying if it goes wrong.

Nikj14

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The CIOSCORP install itself is the riskiest thing about it, but since your on 3.2 you should have a vulnerable boot2 and be able to install bootmii and make a backup of your wii so you'll be almost completely safe from bricking it and if you do you can just restore the backup and it'll work fine. So there really isnt any risk as long as your careful and know what you're doing, just read a few guides and get up to date.

suckerface

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nikj14 said:
The CIOSCORP install itself is the riskiest thing about it, but since your on 3.2 you should have a vulnerable boot2 and be able to install bootmii and make a backup of your wii so you'll be almost completely safe from bricking it and if you do you can just restore the backup and it'll work fine. So there really isnt any risk as long as your careful and know what you're doing, just read a few guides and get up to date.

On that note, can you offer any insight to why my Wii won't let me install BootMii to boot2? I got it early 2008, and it came with Sys. Ver. 3.4 I think, and I was able to downgrade it to 3.2. I just updated to 4.2, then dropped back to 4.1 (I want to try some of the custom menus), but any BootMii attempt says that it can only do an IOS. Simple answer, I'm sure, is that I have one of the new systems with the new boot2, but I thought that this would have been before they made that switch?

Nikj14

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
suckerface said:
Nikj14 said:

On that note, can you offer any insight to why my Wii won't let me install BootMii to boot2? I got it early 2008, and it came with Sys. Ver. 3.4 I think, and I was able to downgrade it to 3.2. I just updated to 4.2, then dropped back to 4.1 (I want to try some of the custom menus), but any BootMii attempt says that it can only do an IOS. Simple answer, I'm sure, is that I have one of the new systems with the new boot2, but I thought that this would have been before they made that switch?

The newest firmware updated boot2, you can still install preloader/priiloader but its nowhere near the same protection you would of gotten with bootmii.

EDIT: Sorry I misread that, yes you can still install bootmii as "slimmmmmmm" said below. For some reason I thought yours was a LU64 wii, I should stop switching between threads lol

memevertical

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot for all your posts.....

I have version 4.2U right now, and my USB works great. I dont exactly "NEED" to have that DVD capability, it was more like curiosity.....

I do have bootmii installed as IOS, and if anything goes wrong, holding the RESET button at startup lets me go to homebrew channel.......

anyway, going back to the cIOScorp, does that IOS works specifically for that purpose? or does it have more functions?

Thanks a lot for your input....

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
KiiWii said:
If you updated officially, you can no longer use boot2.

Wrong, lets not spread misinformation.

The ability to install bootmii to boot2 depends on the version of boot1 you have on the Wii, if you can install bootmii to boot2 on a Wii and then officially update your boot2 version to boot2V4 you can then re-install bootmii again to boot2.

Fact.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.