Homebrew Is there a method in Luma to start some games without the clock speed hack?

koffieleut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

There are a few games that doesn't work with the Luma setting Clock+L2 enabled.
My question is, is there some sort of xml where you can set this option off for certain games?

Specs are N3ds on 11.2 with Luma.

Thanks.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
And some outright crash if you use it. That's why OP wants to know if you can set it on a pergame basis.

Which, as far as I know, isn't possible in Luma right now.
Real question here, what games actually need it on by default?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You mean, which games have a lot to gain from Clock+L2?
MGS3 and Sonic Racing Transformed I guess. Not that I've played them on N3DS to know how much better they are, but I expect a significant improvement.
I mean, yes, there are games that do use it. But you said some games actually crash without it.
But what I was saying, is that there are very few games that actually benefit from it. I am really not against the OP's option, just pointing out why no one has done it.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

My question is, is there some sort of xml where you can set this option off for certain games?

Thanks.
there use dto be a plugin but i think its part of NTR 3.4 Preview 2 of setting it while ingame.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
I mean, yes, there are games that do use it. But you said some games actually crash without it.
But what I was saying, is that there are very few games that actually benefit from it. I am really not against the OP's option, just pointing out why no one has done it.

No, some games crash with it. SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked reportedly crashes if you have Clock+L2 enabled.

If Clock+L2 were pergame instead of global, OP wouldn't have to chose between performance and compatibility :P

Reactions: BL4Z3D247

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Without the v1.1 patch for Majora's Mask 3D, Clock + L2 fixes the lag in spots. Plus I turned off the Super Stable 3D and i don't get lag at all with 3D on.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No, some games crash with it. SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked reportedly crashes if you have Clock+L2 enabled.

If Clock+L2 were pergame instead of global, OP wouldn't have to chose between performance and compatibility :P
Ah~ I misread your post. I don't use this option myself because none of my games seem to benefit from it.

Still the best option the OP could do is suggest it on the Luma3DS thread to see if they can get some traction. Maybe it's not that hard to add.

Reactions: koffieleut

KounkinX94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Resident Evil Revelations works better with clock+L2 , you can shoot the sniper rifle very fast, almost like default gun

koffieleut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There is a small list of games that crashes.
In my experience, Sonic and Allstars racing and Ridge Racer.
In the posts above someone talked about MM without the patch. We've started a list a few months ago, but I think it's on page 100 right now because of soundhax, and people who are unable to follow the guides :P

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't you just set the clockspeed with NTR? This way you can set it back to "normal" for games that don't work with it. I'm assuming mainly older games are the incompatible ones?

Reactions: Zidapi

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi,

Thanks.
I suggest using NTR-CFW for CPU clock control instead. It makes it easy to control CPU clock per game, just hit X+Y and turn it on or off whenever you want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi