Is there a list of games...

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by Cletebob, Nov 23, 2007.

Nov 23, 2007

Is there a list of games... by Cletebob at 4:46 AM (1,328 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Cletebob
    OP

Newcomer Cletebob Member

United States
    Is there a list posted somewhere of the games that must be patched with the EZ software as opposed to the ones that can be patched with GBATA?

I understand the overall workings and that the games must be patched to save to SRAM if they don't already, but I read that any games with a 1 Mbit save size must be patched with the EZV client software. These are the ones I am looking for.

If I overlooked the list on the forums, forgive me. I looked, but never saw a definitive list.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    The following answer assumes you want to run games from PSRAM with the 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool. If you only want to run games from NOR, it doesn't matter which patcher you use.

Patch every game with GBATA (including the ones that use 1024kbit Flash saves). Only patch a game with the EZ4 Client if it doesn't work when patched with GBATA.

If you patch a game that uses a 1024kbit Flash save type with the EZ4 Client you will not be able to run it in PSRAM mode with the 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool. You will be able to run it from PSRAM if you patch the game with GBATA.

So far I haven't found any games that use 1024kbit Flash saves that don't work when patched with GBATA (most give a save error when the game starts, but the save still works). I haven't tested every game though, there may be a few that won't work unless you patch them with the EZ4 Client. There aren't really that many games that use 1024kbit Flash saves anyway.

If you want to play a GBA pokemon game and link it with a DS pokemon game, you will need to patch it with the EZ4 Client and flash the game to NOR. If you just want to play the GBA game without DS linkage, you can patch it with GBATA and run it in PSRAM mode.

To answer your original question:
    Games that use save type FLASH1M_V102 (1024Kbit)
    Games that use save type FLASH1M_V103 (1024Kbit)

3. Cletebob
    OP

Newcomer Cletebob Member

United States
    You are the greatest. Thanks for the quick and thorough answer, and for not flaming me for something that has already probably been asked a million times. [​IMG]

4. maxmouse2008

Member maxmouse2008 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So basically if it wont patch with GBATA try the other program?

As I've been having problems with DKC1/2 saving

5. constellation

Newcomer constellation Member

United States
    I've been having problems with Super Mario Advance 4. It patches fine with GBATA, and it runs fine. Just that the save doesn't work after turning off the DS. All other GBA games I have don't have this problem. I just saw that SMA4 uses FLASH1M_V102 (1024Kbit). What can I do so that my saves are retained?

6. guy121

Newcomer guy121 Member

United States
    So if you've already patched a game with GBATA, you can patch over it with the EZ4? Or must you patch the original one?