Gaming Is there a list of games...

ZildjianKX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a list of games that work as hosts for local "download play" games when other DSes don't have carts when the host is running the game from a flashcart and has Flashme installed? (I know, long sentence)

I've read lots of posts how Flashme removes the encryption on the games it sends out for multiplayer games, so it doesn't work with some games.

wohoo

Trophies
XP
Country
isn't the only thing you need a dump that is clean enough? i haven't played much multiplayer but... if it's right that the only thing you need for all the games to work is a dump that is clean enouhg...

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read lots of posts how Flashme removes the encryption on the games it sends out for multiplayer games, so it doesn't work with some games.

actually its the way you patch the roms and how "clean" they are (no errors and such) as well as what card you use to play them. I belive it was member "FAST6191" who tried every single combination of a non working multiplayer game with every card, ect, and somehow got it to work.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Your post is open to misinterpretation, what I did was try every single combination of passme,flashme and stock DS with real carts and roms and have working examples of
Flashme DS to Stock DS download play (real cart and rom) and vice versa
Flashme DS to Stock DS Rom to real, real to real and ROM to ROM.
and so on and so on.

I have at least one example of every one of these methods working. From this I concluded that it is in fact your patching method that screws with multiplayer and download play.

Edit, as for the original post I know of no list but the boxart for pretty much every title is available and it normally shows whether download play is possible on the back.

ZildjianKX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your post is open to misinterpretation, what I did was try every single combination of passme,flashme and stock DS with real carts and roms and have working examples of
Flashme DS to Stock DS download play (real cart and rom) and vice versa
Flashme DS to Stock DS Rom to real, real to real and ROM to ROM.
and so on and so on.

I have at least one example of every one of these methods working. From this I concluded that it is in fact your patching method that screws with multiplayer and download play.

Edit, as for the original post I know of no list but the boxart for pretty much every title is available and it normally shows whether download play is possible on the back.

So whether or not a game works depends on how your flash cart software patches the ROMs, very interesting.

Did you find that certain companies break more games than others (breaking as in can't host a single cart game)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment