1. waytoodeep03

OP waytoodeep03 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I hate motion controls of the wii. I like the classic pro controller to just sit back and play games. This is the main reason ive never even touched skyward sword. The only zelda game ive never played

Is there a list of games on Wii that do not require the wii mote in order to play the game?

2. ChibiMofo

ChibiMofo NPC Chibi-Robo for Wii needs a fan translation

Canada
    Oh wow! You sure bought the wrong console! The Wii is a unique gaming experience that is just another GameCube if you just use the Classic Controllers. Since the most popular and best selling console Nintendo has ever made was successful precisely because of motion controls, the vast majority of its good or great games take full advantage of them.

But if you prefer the boring GameCube-like button-mashing experience, check here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_games_with_traditional_control_schemes

GBA Temp also has a list:
    https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/List_of_Wii_games_compatible_with_Classic_Controller

Their list of Balance Board games is missing a number of them, so there may be some additional games that support button-mashing as well.

Last edited by ChibiMofo, Jan 1, 2020
    banjo2 likes this.
  3. waytoodeep03

OP waytoodeep03 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I actually have a wii u. I am using CFW so I am able to play wii games which is why i am looking for games that use regular controls

4. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Portugal
    Well, I am unsure if such a list exists, but USBLoaderGX has that info by pressing 2 (I think) in the game entry.

There's a few patches people developed to help in those situations, like the one for Donkey Kong Country Returns.

5. Morricorne

Morricorne Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    Same here. I hate motion controls on my Wii. Any interesting games without this?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - require, games,