Hardware is there a limit of files on SD Card that wii can read?

Norco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hiyas, was wondering if there is a limit of files the wii can read on a sd card, i been using 8gb card that today i tried mounting it in wad manager and got ret 1, card worked yesterday so only thing i can think of is i put too many files on it, had over 4000 files on it that took up 3.8 gigs or so, well to test i deleted 1000 files on it and now i can mount the card in wad manager again, also when i had over 4000 files on it, usb loaders wouldnt load any covers off the card, yet i could play wiiware games i had installed on the card, also i couldnt save any settings on the sd card as loadres would say usb://unaccessible. yet the card worked fine in windows, so yeah just wonderin if there a limit u can have ona card, its like hte card would read fine on the wii but u couldnt write anything or something lol, so any info would be appreciated thanks.

Vattu

Trophies
XP
Country
what file system are you using on the card? since it's 8gb, you are probably using NTFS? max number of files on a NTFS partition are 4,294,967,295. perhaps the wad manager you're using doesn't support that many files. Are you sure it even supports NTFS?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vattu said:
what file system are you using on the card? since it's 8gb, you are probably using NTFS? max number of files on a NTFS partition are 4,294,967,295. perhaps the wad manager you're using doesn't support that many files. Are you sure it even supports NTFS?
He could be using FAT32

Norco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fat32, and its not just wad manager that givin me issues, while using a usb loader, i cant save any settings to the card, says unaccessible, and the covers dont load either, but like i said after i removed the files i added to it, the card worked fine in the wii again, and card works fine in windows, maybe the wii just doesnt like this 8gb card after certain amount of files or space, duracell 8gb sdcard

prolly just pick up another 8gb card see what happens

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1