Homebrew Is there a Homebrew video player?

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
No there isn"t, you can convert videos to can be played trought Nintendo 3DS Camera App in a computer or inject videos also as said.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Accidentally Double Post.

Reactions: Sono

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
@OldGlass I think that it may be breaking the NDA.
Even thought you can inject a video whit Homebrew tools, but for the OP he needs to first have a video already installed in his console, you can download a free video in the eShop, then you can inject the video in your computer to the same video you downlaoded, when injected you can make your RomFS and run the game from Hans and use that edited RomFS with the game.
But it will be a lot easier to convert a video to can be played in Nintendo 3DS Camera putting in the respective folder in your SD Card with 3DS Video. (You will get lastest version of the program if you do that to get it working properly)

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think a moflex homebrew video player will drop sooner than later now that we have access to the developer tools. However, the legality of such a player means it wouldn't be ok to post on this site, my advice, just watch a certain iso site in the homebrew section, I do think it's gonna happen soon enough now.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I think a moflex homebrew video player will drop sooner than later now that we have access to the developer tools. However, the legality of such a player means it wouldn't be ok to post on this site, my advice, just watch a certain iso site in the homebrew section, I do think it's gonna happen soon enough now.
Doubt someone will bother making one.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

Lucar

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
VLC on 3DS. Would that ever be possible? It's open source, can it in theory be ported?

The issue is not "No one can code a player", the issue is that the O3DS has no support for h.264 or anything other than moflex. The N3DS has h.264 support, but no one wants to make an app that is N3DS Exclusive.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
There is talk of it on another site already. Can't imagine why someone wouldn't make one, it's the first chance we have at a 3DS video player with 3D as an option.
I don't personally think it is worth the effort.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass