Is there a homebrew to delete play history?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Fat Cow, May 26, 2009.

May 26, 2009
  1. Fat Cow
    OP

Member Fat Cow GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It bothers me that the wii keep track of my activities, I know there is no harm and nobody is spying on me, but it's just something I prefer have control over.

I searched around and it seems that it can't be done normally on the Wii, so is there a homebrew that can do this?

2. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    well there is an application that can read it (playstats), so deleting it should be possible too i guess

3. illinialex24

Member illinialex24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yeah, I don't know why you;d really care unless your parents use it to track your play time...

4. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    well, your play time is uploaded to Nintendo if you use the Nintendo channel to download DS demos. so they could see you're using HBC and ban you from online services, but I highly doubt they would bother. they have been able to see the ticket from HBC for ages and done nothing, so i don't think there's any chance of them starting. Of course you could select not to send playstats, but then you can't download DS demos, which IMO is the only real point in the channel.

5. Linuks

Member Linuks GBAtemp Regular

France
    I also would like to delete this and to clean up the message board (when we send or receive a mail, it stays in the nand memory even if we delete it).

6. ddp127

Member ddp127 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    use savegame extractor to dump your saves, format you nand, and set your saves back after reinstalling the hbc (make sure not to remove your shop account, because then you will loose redownload rights)