Is there a homebrew that lets you stream your 3ds?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by baller4eva14, Aug 26, 2016.

1. baller4eva14
    OP

baller4eva14 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2008
    United States
    I know that there is one for the NTR cfw, but is there one without the need of cfw?

BTW: I have a n3ds with the 11.0.0-33 firmware. Homebrew is my only option.

2. Omegadrien

Omegadrien GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 4, 2015
    France
    Pokéland
    Nope (for now?), sorry.
    (But, if my memories serves me right, smea said that is technically possible to create a video stream/recorder on new 3ds with homebrews, like NTR cfw...)

Last edited by Omegadrien, Aug 26, 2016
  3. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    you might be able to track down for cheaper than the 600$ish n3DS Capture hardware, a Shitbeater O3DS(dead Cart slot cracked screen that isnt completly unusable) thats on 10.7 or lower, and get Feildrunners to do the DSIware Downgrade so you Can use NTR CFW otherwise only open is buying that Expensive as Shit capture device.

4. Sasori

Sasori GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 28, 2015
    United States
    I recommend selling/trading your current system for another N3DS on a lower firmware and modding that one

Most gamestops(at least around me) will let you inspect and check the firmware on devices before purchasing them. If it's a used console of course

5. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    Save the headache and hardmod it...

6. DutchyDutch

DutchyDutch COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL

Nov 16, 2014
    Netherlands
    What makes the N3DS able to stream, but the 3DS not? I heard that it wasn't just the processing power that makes it possible (or else it could be ported to the 3DS). Is it the VRAM, RAM?

7. Fazana

Fazana Professional Trashposter

Mar 7, 2016
    Local Chippy
    That extra CPU power.

Recording requires CPU that the o3DS simply doesn't have because it's all being used to play games.