Is there a homebrew or tool to migrate contents to a new emunand?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by mqk9999, Feb 3, 2016.

1. mqk9999
    OP

mqk9999 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 14, 2010
    United States
    Is there a homebrew or tool to migrate contents to a new emunand? I'm looking to keep my installed games/saves/data/etc when transferring from a 2ds to o3ds XL, And if not, is there a means to do it in general? I'm familiar with emunand backup and injecting if that means anything

Sorry if this was answered somewhere else or if I'm in retard mode. Dug around without finding a concrete answer

Last edited by mqk9999, Feb 3, 2016
  2. Luglige

Luglige hiatus

Jan 24, 2016
    Antarctica
    under your bed
    First off retard is not a good word don't use it, second just copy all the contents of your 2DS (SD card) and paste it in the o3ds. I hope this help (and sorry in advance if I break something)

fitz420 likes this.
  3. James310

James310 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere in California
    Use emunand9 to "clone emunand" to sysnand,do a system transfer on other system, and clone sysnand to emunand from there,

4. Luglige

Luglige hiatus

Jan 24, 2016
    Antarctica
    under your bed
    Yah do that don't do what I did!

5. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    That won't help, stuff on the SD card is encrypted per console and it won't show up on his home menu.

You need to have emuNAND set up on both consoles, updated to the latest, and perform a system transfer using the wireless data transfer option.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

This won't help either, you have to be on latest system settings to perform a system transfer, and if you clone emuNAND to sysNAND then your sysNAND will become unexploitable. And then if the recipient 3DS is updated to receive the transfer you won't be having any emuNAND on it as it will now be unexploitable.

MattKimura and katrain like this.
  6. James310

James310 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere in California
    Spoofing

7. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    What if the first emuNAND is greater than 9.2? Also to spoof you have to install the latest Nver and CVer and friends list. Doing this on sysNAND would be risky.

MattKimura likes this.
  8. froggestspirit

froggestspirit D/P/Pt Demix Guy

Jul 28, 2011
    United States
    Dont even spoof, just have 2 emunands at the latest firmware, and system transfer with them