1. epicboy

OP epicboy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    https://switchbrew.org/wiki/HID_Shared_Memory#Npad

I'm looking into exploring the way the Switch handles input of various USB devices. Is there any homebrew that can actually read and display the values shown in the linked site?

I'm quite new and so i'm not sure how these values were ever derived. If a homebrew doesn't exist, would it even be possible to build something that can handle outputting these values?

2. scandal_uk

scandal_uk Not Really There

United Kingdom
    It would be trivial to write a program to read and display these values - install DevKitPro and try it out!

3. epicboy

United States
    Yeah I saw something in the examples that did something similar. I'm gonna work on fleshing it out to print the entire shared memory struct.

Thanks for the input!

4. scandal_uk

scandal_uk Not Really There

United Kingdom
    If you run into problems, post back here there are plenty of helpful experts!

5. epicboy

United States
    I wish i saw this before i ripped out half my hair.

Gamecube adapter input, and the shared memory data structure. How does GC fit into that? I was looking into libnx docs as well and i'm more lost than when i began.

To be more precise. How is it that a game like smash can detect that im using a gamecube controllee and then show me its respective UI icons?

Last edited by epicboy, Jul 2, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - displaying, homebrew, capable