Is there a home menu mod that makes the battery indicators actually makes sense

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by radostin04, Apr 3, 2019.

1. radostin04
    OP

radostin04 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2018
    Bulgaria
    I'm just curious, I tried looking it up, but found nothing. I want something that makes the battery indicator linear(4 bars is 100-75, 3 is 74-50, 2 is 50-25, 1 is 24-10 and flashing is under 10), instead of the crappy way it is now.

2. wrettcaughn

wrettcaughn GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    If you press the button combination to bring up Rosalina you can see the percentage

AmandaRose likes this.
  3. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    What would need to be changed is not Home, but rather the function in the appropriate kernel driver (PTM or MCU) that already supplies the 6-level readout (not just to Home but also to other games like SSB4... and the parallel change should also be done to the DSi mode kernel for consistency)

Doesn't change that it's yet another "pressing the button... $5, knowing which button to press... $195" scenario :)

4. radostin04
    OP

radostin04 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2018
    Bulgaria
    I do know about Rosalina's battery percentage, but I just kind of assumed that every piece of software that showed battery info calculated it itself for some reason. I still imagine it would be possible to make the Home Menu read the battery percentage instead of the bar readout, but it would probably be a lot of pain. Thanks anyway.