Is there a guide to decompile an official theme and turn to custom?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by RemixDeluxe, Nov 6, 2015.

1. RemixDeluxe
    OP

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    I'm not asking where to get the official themes, I just would like to know if what I'm asking for is possible to do so I can use with menuhax 2.0

2. ChaosRipple

ChaosRipple GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2015
    United States
    If I remember correctly, the MenuHax installer not only has a way to inject your custom theme into the system but it also has a way to extract the current theme from your system. You could use that to extract official themes from your 3DS system, if you paid for them and have it, that is.

3. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    So what your saying is theres no program or anything to decrypt them but only by extracting it yourself if you own it?

4. Jwiz33

Jwiz33

Banned
    Jun 5, 2014
    United States
    in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
    You can get them on that iso site. ;)

5. ChaosRipple

ChaosRipple GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2015
    United States
    There's a program called YATA+ and many other similar programs. It is what allows us to create our own custom themes. Even though I haven't tried, I am 99% sure that program will be able to open the extracted theme from your system.

6. phalangery

phalangery Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2015
    United States
    I can confirm that YATA+ can do exactly that. Just dump the body_LZ.bin and open it in YATA+, boom

7. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    there might not be a program SPEICIFICALLY to decrypt themes, because themes are just like another other content/dlc downloaded from eshop etc, you decrypt it just the same as decrypting a game or an update. themes kind of just 'dlc'.
    if you don't know how to decrypt eshop content, then that is what you should be looking for :)

8. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Did you forget to link something? Otherwise your last sentence makes no sense.

9. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    i didn't say 'this' (and then post a link) - i meant that you should be looking for 'how to decrypt eshop content' :)
    there are a bunch of threads here about it i am sure
    makes sense to me!

10. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    my bad, I thought you were trying to show me something. I thought the only way to install DLC is with .cia files anyway which is out of reach from 9.2+ users. Sadly I'm on 10.1

11. phalangery

phalangery Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2015
    United States
    Like I said, use YATA+.
    Themes are gonna come in a body_LZ.bin. If you open that file with YATA+, it will show you the top screen background, the bottom screen background, the BGM, the sound effects, etc. You can then save them separately and/or mess with them to your heart's content.

EDIT: I feel like either I'm not getting it or you guys are making this way too complicated. If you can run homebrew at all, you can dump your current theme with yellows8's homemenu_extdata tool. From there it's literally just as easy as opening that file in YATA+. I did this exact thing with the DLC Shantae theme

Last edited by phalangery, Nov 7, 2015
  12. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    ah ok. to decrypt YOUR OWN content/any thing encrypted, you need to be on 9.2 or below. well there is the braindump thing, i only read a little about it, maybe that will help you decrypt content above 9.2.
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/braindump-prerelease-dump-game-contents-on-any-system-version.400920/

but, you might be able to find online an already decrypted version of the theme you want
    but if you cannot, then you would have to get it decrypted

he is asking how to get this body_LZ.bin

Last edited by cearp, Nov 7, 2015
  13. phalangery

phalangery Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2015
    United States
    That's easy, use yellows8's homemenu_extdata tool, it comes with smea's homebrew starter pack

Last edited by phalangery, Nov 7, 2015
    cearp likes this.
  14. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Is it theoretically possible for 9.2+ users to install decrypted DLC then?

15. G25900

G25900 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2015
    You can install the regular menuhax then switch to an official theme off the theme store and it will still work, I'm currently running it with an MH4U theme off there. The readme specifically says the only action you can do and not lose menuhax is switch to a DLC theme.

You will lose it if you switch to another default theme though, and I don't have another theme to test if switching to another allows it, I'm guessing you'd have to reinstall it first in order to switch again.

16. 101239

101239 GBATemp Irregular

Banned
    Oct 25, 2015
    United States
    Maybe Somewhere near you? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    homemenuext data (remember this?) extracter would be my best guess but we shoudlnt be going as low to pirate themes.

17. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Why are you in this topic then? Please don't persuade me to not do something because it makes you uncomfortable.