Is there a goomba color or other GBC emulator which saves state?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by romanaOne, Apr 19, 2014.

1. romanaOne
    OP

romanaOne GBAtemp Regular

Apr 18, 2014
    United States
    where the potential goes to zero
    Is it possible to save state ("real-time save") in a GBC games in any version of goomba color?
    Is there another emulator?

I prefer to use EZ-Flash IV in a GBA. Not wild about the NDS hardware. I hate laptop-style hinges which break and custom lithium batteries which become scarce and expensive.

I think I have a 2013 EZ-Flash IV as the NOR is only working with the 1.74 Vader firmware from the ezflash site. I got what I thought was the newest goomba color at filetrip. (There's not a lot there for GBA.)

Nothing happens when I choose SAVE or LOAD on the L+R menu.

EXIT works and causes the SAV file to be written, but some platform games will drive you nuts without the ability to save ANYWHERE, LOL.

2. MartinAugustsson

MartinAugustsson Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2012
    From my experience regarding goombacolor you sometimes have to press L+R after saving inside the game to make it actually save correctly. This happens to me in Links Awakening DX and Surrvival Kids. Both of them have backgrounds. But when I play Oracle of Ages, Wario Land 3 and other games that do not have a background all I have to do is save in game and turn off my gameboy.

Edit: Just saw that you wanted to save the state. This is not possible in goombacolor. It's a left over from the old goomba with only runs gameboy games, not color.

Off topic:
    You can grab a fully working clear looks skin for the 2013 edition here
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/h4xmh2vbdk3pp9d/Clearlooks v5.zip
    You should want to choose the 1.74 version from the zip (Clearlooks v5 (1.74).bin - rename this ezfla_up.bin)

Screens:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. reprep

reprep GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    your only option for savestates is to use goomba. most gbc games are dual-boot so they work on goomba too. you can then transfer your save game to the goomba color too.