Hardware Is there a GBA flashcart that supports GBC as well?

steve2606

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ideally I am looking for something similar to the microsd method found with DS cards, where the saves are kept on the microsd, and are loaded with the game when booted. Like the Ez flash 3in 1 for DS.

I currently own an old GB flashcart called "GB USB 64m smartcard", and It does the job, but is annoying to use it for more than one game at a time, since you have to rip the save from the card everytime you want to play a different game, otherwise it will get overwritten with the new games save file. This gets very tedious after a while. Also, it offers two "pages" of games that can be written to the card. To change "page" you have to turn on and turn off the handheld really quick to change the LED light on the top, which indicates it has been done. I worry that this will damage the on/off switch over time.

So if there is anything available, that will be able to:

>Use a microsd for storage, or something similar?
>Boot GB/GBC games?
>Store the GB/GBC save files on the microsd for multiple game booting? (like the Ez flash 3 in 1 DS does)

I know in the topic title it says GBA, but If there is a GBC cart that does that, I'm interested too.

I wont be dissapointed if one doesn't exist, I just thought I would ask to see if anybody knew of one.

Thanks.
cool.gif

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBC Flash Carts do exist, but not sure how easy they would be to hunt down now. Shop temp has a much better GBA cart than the one you have. "Ez Flash IV" You can emulate GB, and GBC games with it. For the most part, everything I have put on there has run well so far. Not exactly what you wanted to hear. Sorry.

steve2606

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GreatCrippler said:
GBC Flash Carts do exist, but not sure how easy they would be to hunt down now. Shop temp has a much better GBA cart than the one you have. "Ez Flash IV" You can emulate GB, and GBC games with it. For the most part, everything I have put on there has run well so far. Not exactly what you wanted to hear. Sorry.

Hey, thanks for the reply.

That's cool. Is emulation with games such as Shantae good? I might just use "Goomba"

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Great, but the site you linked to sells bleepbloop cards. And I've still been robbed so I don't endorse them. It may, to you, be a nonsequtor, but my comment stands: don't buy them.

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
steve2606 said:
I currently own an old GB flashcart called "GB USB 64m smartcard", and It does the job, but is annoying to use it for more than one game at a time, since you have to rip the save from the card everytime you want to play a different game, otherwise it will get overwritten with the new games save file. This gets very tedious after a while.

ripping the savegame takes so much less time than flashing the games....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol