Is there a GBA emulator for the NDS???

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by mikej3131, Apr 15, 2008.

Apr 15, 2008
  1. mikej3131
    OP

Newcomer mikej3131 Advanced Member

United States
    Ok i have the M3 Lite Passcard combo. My ds games run perfectly fine.

The problem im having is my GBA games always screw up after i save a game (for example, if i try to load the save, i get a blacnk screen or it loads but the game freezes within a second and is unplayable.) They work fine the first time i play the gba games, but after i save them, they fail to load most of the time.

Can any1 help me out? i have the most recent game manager and firmware(updagcsd.e35). Is this problem fixable? And if not, are there other GBA emulators other than the default that comes with the M3 lite and passcard combo, that i can place on my memory card?

2. sylux92

Member sylux92 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I do not own the m3 lite, but I can tell you are are NO GBA emulators for the DS.

3. trikon000

Member trikon000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    in short, no. The passme card is made to boot NDS games off a Slot 2 cart, not boot gba games. It might be time for you to look into a more current Slot 1 with a nopass feature. Then an updated firmware on the m3 lite should reduce your issue with loading GBA titles and having the save problem crop up for you.

4. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    try posting in the m3 section and ask for help. this section is about gba emulators and slot2 emulation which is not flash kit specific.

your problem is probably your sram dumps.

-aw

5. mikej3131
    OP

United States
    I never said i have a passme. I have a passcard with m3 lite. And it does boot gba games(so i geuss i have a current slot 1 feature), i just have problems saving and loading gba's

6. trikon000

Member trikon000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    nm what I said then.

passme cards and passcards do the same thing. your booting both your nds files and gba file off the m3 lite.

passme refers to the method of booting nds off the slot 2 device. you don't have a current slot 1 device, current slot 1 devices play nds files directly and have nopass built in.

this might cover your problem:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=76389

7. mikej3131
    OP

United States
    Hmmm well maybe this is my problem. I always use real time save after im done with a game. when i turn my nds off , turn back on, the game always says auto backing up........Now its saying "Warning! GBA Save game already exists on this card, but autosave cannot be found. Backup failed. Press A to continue"...what is that about

8. mikej3131
    OP

United States
    Hey im going to continue this in the "NDS - Game Development, ROM Hacking and Translations" forum. i also have some more info that i will post in there that i found. looks like its saving the backup to a different games .dat file....Go to that thread if you would like to help please

9. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Please post the new thread here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showforum=91 [​IMG]

10. gizmo_gal

Member gizmo_gal QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!

United States
    There is no way known to us or any video Game community at this time, April 28, 2008 to play or load GBA games, from a GBA Flash Cart with a GBA Emulator on the NDS. None.

You can get a Slot 1 + Slot 2 and use the slot 2 to run GBA games. or get a Passme for Slot one and use it to run NDS games from your slot 2 card, but there isn't anyway to emulate GBA on NDS. But you can run the roms.

11. Xeronage

Member Xeronage GBAtemp Advanced Fan

For crying out loud. This person just has a problem with a GBA-based Flashcart, how hard is it to stay on topic? SHEESH.

Now, back on topic. This is how it works out for me: I use a FAT16 64kb-cluster formatted MicroSD, use the M3 Game Manager to write the GBA games, and use START instead of A to write the games to the onboard RAM. You are booting it in GBA-mode right?

It's also possible your RAM is broken, but I doubt it.