Is there a gamelist with internal rom names?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by TrolleyDave, Feb 19, 2007.

Feb 19, 2007
  1. TrolleyDave
    OP

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    I was wondering if there was a database of releases available anywhere that has all the game information like release title, publisher, size etc. but also has the internal rom name info in it as stored in the cartridge? I've tried the NDSAdvanceScene DAT file but I can't find this info in it anywhere.

I'd prefer on that's in a downloadable format that I can read in another program ie. comma delimited file or XML, or a data file with the data type listed.

2. id242

Member id242 GBAtemp Fan

United States
  3. TrolleyDave
    OP

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    That's the list I tried using but the internal rom name isn't stored in it, or if it is I couldn't find it.

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Emuconnie has a dat in MS database format that has what you want:
    http://www.freewebs.com/emuconnie/

It is not directly what you want but as you can import into excel (no idea about open office) you can quite easily generate what you want.

5. id242

Member id242 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    TrolleyDave, I believe that OfflineList uses CRC - so it will filter out all the bad and patched roms... giving your a CLEAN ROM collection.

scenario 1, If it went by file-name, then anyone could use malicious code and call them whatever they want - scenario 2, it wouldn't know what to do when given 10 individual archives with duplicated file names and sizes, that have different contents inside of each.

I believe that at this time, CRC is the best method for keeping CLEAN ROMS in your collection and avoiding maliciously named/accidentally name files.

The link to the MDB (database) files which FAST6191 described are also wonderfully useful to be loaded into Excel or any other spreadsheet program.

Also, there is an option in the OfflineList under the Tools menu, to export your list to a text file - you can customize what gets exported and create your own lists - basically giving you the ability to take all the data stored in the XML dat file and rearranging it to make it useful in any other application that supports text imports.