Homebrew Is there a game size limit to DSIMENU++?

FamousBug_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Title says it all, Mario Kart DS works but LEGO games new smb and some others don't. I have downsized but to no avail.

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there technically a size limit? Yes. However, that limit is 4GB (the FAT32 file size limit), which no DS rom even approaches. You can try updating your nds-bootstrap to the latest version, that should give you the best compatibility.

plug313

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there technically a size limit? Yes. However, that limit is 4GB (the FAT32 file size limit), which no DS rom even approaches. You can try updating your nds-bootstrap to the latest version, that should give you the best compatibility.

quick question, does the launcher automatically check for updates on launch or do I need to do something?

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
quick question, does the launcher automatically check for updates on launch or do I need to do something?
Not yet, it will have a check for updates feature in the future though. The proper way to update for now is the grab the latest version from the thread linked above and replace the "_nds" folder and boot.NDS with the ones in the download there.

Reactions: plug313

plug313

Trophies
XP
Country
Not yet, it will have a check for updates feature in the future though. The proper way to update for now is the grab the latest version from the thread linked above and replace the "_nds" folder and boot.NDS with the ones in the download there.

ahh okay thank you! I only asked because it has those update options in the second page of the main menu but they were greyed out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: got a mig switch here, freshly smuggled in from China