Is there a free brute force Save data equivalent for jailbreak ps4 so I can decrypt and hex edit?

azakhan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If not, is there a way for me to edit cheat menu codes? I don't want unlimited lives//ammo/energy etc which completely breaks the game, just to increase them some. (I may need some advice on how to fit the converted hex values in the code sometimes though, most of the time I manage it).

azakhan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
decrypt save using the system, hex edit or use ghidra to reverse engineer what you want to change. it doesn't seem very hard, but more a pita than say the ps3.
Do you mean Apollo ST? And how do I use Ghidra, could you link a noob guide?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
apollo, yes, to decrypt the saves, but modifying them requires ghidra or ida pro or something similar. you won't really find a direct tutorial on that afaik. it could take months to understand what you're looking at with ghidra. I think there might be a switch tutorial that may or may not be adaptable for the ps4. it's on these forums somewhere. I don't know where exactly as I'm not a member of the switch scene, so google might be helpful.

Reactions: azakhan

azakhan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
apollo, yes, to decrypt the saves, but modifying them requires ghidra or ida pro or something similar. you won't really find a direct tutorial on that afaik. it could take months to understand what you're looking at with ghidra. I think there might be a switch tutorial that may or may not be adaptable for the ps4. it's on these forums somewhere. I don't know where exactly as I'm not a member of the switch scene, so google might be helpful.
What steps to decrypt on the system?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never used apollo, only save mounter, where you mount the save, let the system decrypt it, then copy and paste the contents over ftp to your computer. apollo would be easier, just never used it.

azakhan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've never used apollo, only save mounter, where you mount the save, let the system decrypt it, then copy and paste the contents over ftp to your computer. apollo would be easier, just never used it.
Oh I've been looking at apollo tutorials , haven't found anyone say about decrypt function. With save mounted you can't use USB?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure. I've never tried usb. problem is you don't want to leave a save mounted. I know it will be stuck in limbo if you turn off the console, but going into another app may have the same effect, just not sure.

azakhan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure. I've never tried usb. problem is you don't want to leave a save mounted. I know it will be stuck in limbo if you turn off the console, but going into another app may have the same effect, just not sure.
So looks like I'll have to use S mounter. After mounting it and opening the folder, the 'dis.dat' is the decrypted save file?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, the sce_sys is also part of it, but that folder's primary function is to tie the save to your account. your account id is in little endian (byte reversed) at 0x15c iirc of the param.sfo inside of sce_system. with that being said, it's irrelevant to codes or anything. if you were to change ownership of the save, you'd leave that folder out due to that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)