Is there a flashcart that works for nintendo switch?

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by metal01, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Clockdryve

Clockdryve Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2019
    United States
    Your first step would be to determine if your Switch is even hackable. That depends on the serial number. Earlier ones are good. Later units sent out of the factory have updated hardware preventing the hacks (so far...maybe permanently -??). Just do a Google search for "Hackable Nintendo Switch Serial Numbers" Look for the GBATEMP website in the listing. *other places might have this same listing if you don't see GBATEMP. That list is very helpful. Well sorta.....in the middle areas of the serial number points is an UNKNOWN area. You will have to check your console to see if it will go into RCM mode. Hit or miss, around those serial numbers. I can't link to were you need to go. I have restrictions since I am a new member. Good Luck!!!

2. wurstpistole

wurstpistole I got 8 warning points

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Yeah... No. Don't be giving out "advice" like that. Updating backups gets you banned, no matter if you do it in OFW or not.

SCOTT0852 and IpponDatara like this.
  3. tinkle

tinkle taciturn shill girl

Jun 9, 2015
    United States
    Nope, it doesn't. Here's your workflow.
    a) Only use XCI's.
    b) Mount and unmount the ones you want to update.
    c) Boot vanilla/stock
    d) Select each game (which as far as the Switch is aware, are games that have been in the cart slot recently) and update.

4. JamieL

JamieL Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2008
    Canada
    Why wouldn't you just download an NSP of the patch online? They're not hard to find. And it would be much easier than making it yourself. It's still a bit ban risky, but much easier than jumping through all the hoops of making it.

5. wurstpistole

wurstpistole I got 8 warning points

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    The whole point of acquiring updates otherwise than using nsps is not getting banned, because installing unsigned nsps will get you banned one hundred percent sooner or later.

Last edited by wurstpistole, Mar 15, 2019
  6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Yeah, it looks like AliExpress have started cracking down on RCM dongles as there are only a couple of listings for it and they don't provide pictures. But I'm sure the sellers will relist them as quickly as AliExpress removes them.