Is there a Flash Card for both DS lite and 3DS?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by KeeYN, Jun 18, 2014.

1. KeeYN
    OP

KeeYN Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2014
    I recently (yesterday) bought a DS lite. I did this because I found a handful of GBA games in one of my drawers but I lost what I could play them with (GBA) years ago (which my brother accused me of, naturally). I am happy with this DS lite, especially for a pre-owned console.

Though I would like to know if anyone has recommendations for a flash card that would work on both my DS lite and 3DS. My main reason for one would be to play GB/C, S/NES, and perhaps other systems' games on the consoles via an emulator, though playing my DS from backups would also make me happy , as the only carry case I have holds 6 3/DS games.

If anyone knows a good one for DS lite only this would also work for me, the working on 3DS as well would just be a bonus.

P.S. If anyone could also direct me to a trustworthy Australian retailer for one of these also, that would be well appreciated. Thank you.

2. james50a

james50a Member

Newcomer
    GBAtemp Patron
    james50a is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 4, 2010
    Canada
    look here http://shoptemp.net/ , its another part of gbatemp where basicaly all flash cards are listed including there pros and cons as well as reviews for different online shops.

Satangel likes this.
  3. KeeYN
    OP

KeeYN Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2014
    I might quickly also add the question:

Are there any slot 2 flash carts that will allow me to take backups of my card (even if only memory) in slot one or vice versa?

4. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Any 3DS flashcart comes in a 2-piece set, one card is specifically dedicated for 3DS games, the other is an exploit installer card that also doubles as a DS flashcart that can be used on a DS Lite if you so feel like it. As far as Slot-2 carts are concerned, most of'em will allow you to dump DS games. Dumping 3DS games is a whole different story, but it's possible using the Gateway on the 3DS.

5. vayanui8

vayanui8 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    United States
    The supercard dstwo is a great card with lots of emulator compatibility. Its a bit of a battery eater but works great.

6. Tommy667

Tommy667 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2014
    Canada
    supercard dstwo both work well for DSL and 3DS for both GBA games and DS ECT. Go to shoptemp to choose one.

7. KeeYN
    OP

KeeYN Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2014
    Thank you all. I will probably be getting a DSTWO when I save some money.

8. KeeYN
    OP

KeeYN Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2014
    Already understood, but I wasn't planning to play 3DS roms on anything, as I feel I can use my case for those, and then I could play backup DS games, and still have them all with me!