Hacking Is there a downside to force R/W?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've also been using that option for all the new releases, and it hasn't caused any problems for me. The question is, if this option only increases compatibility without any drawbacks, why can you turn it off? Shouldn't it at least be enabled by default?

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it changes a few things like soft reset that might affect something like download play. just a hunch. I only use it when it won't work without it.

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i never used once the "Force R/W" option on my M3 and i NEVER had any problems. All games works and save just fine.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
quite simply, no there isn't a downside, it's just to force read/write from the flashcart instead of slot1 on some games that's adamant about working from slot1 without the new software being out already to properly patch the game.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've used it once, Need for Speed Carbon seems to require it, and see no downside. soft reset works, it loads fast, saves fine.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've had to use the force r/w option to get several recent games (including NFS Carbon) to work on my G6. I hate having to reload the games with different options, so I usually turn force r/w on just in case it's needed.

The M3 doesn't use the same software as the G6 does it? Perhaps the M3 loader/flasher is better in this regard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @NinStar I like it gentle, then rough, then gentle again. Then I nap. +1