PS1/2 Is there a currentway to boot ps1/ps2 backups on PS3?

wingzrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a swap magic 3.6 disc and a ton of backups for both the older systems. If there is a way someone give me a heads up as to how.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wingzrow said:
I have a swap magic 3.6 disc and a ton of backups for both the older systems. If there is a way someone give me a heads up as to how.

NO not possible!

PS3 has yet to be hacked for backup playing!

and its doubtful with ps2 and ps1 anyhow as they cannot even play original ps2 games afaik!

wingzrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, you don't know what you're talking about. Can anyone who knows more about this help me out?

1: my 60GIG plays ps2 and ps1 games just fine, they removed these features from later versions though

2: swap magic works on the newer firmwares if you literally split open the ps3 to do the swap

I was thinking that the memory card exploit wouldn't work because the ps3 has no ps2 memory card slot but i found an adapter through usb that allows the use of ps2 memory cards. Does anyone think the independence exploit would boot if i used an adapter to use the card?

wingzrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn, i guess i'm the only one on the boards who owns the 60 gig. If anyone here owns to 20 it also plays ps2 games.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wingzrow said:
Ok, you don't know what you're talking about. Can anyone who knows more about this help me out?

1: my 60GIG plays ps2 and ps1 games just fine, they removed these features from later versions though

ok the original first run of PS3 could! as it had actual PS2 HARDWARE in them!

later revisions they removed it to save money yet still sell them at the same price!

that will be why your 60gb can play PS2 and PS1 games it will have the hardware!

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know if independence will work because they fixed that when the slim ps2 came out so i don't think sony would be stupid enough not to apply the same patches to the ps3.
Also i believe that the ps3 filesystem is different so independence might not even install correctly

dewback

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for the ps2 games can be run but you do need to open the system up and put a switch into it to eject the disk after it is listed in the browser

you might want to look on a playstation site for the info on how to do this.

not that many ps3 owners on gbatemp

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kobykaan said:
wingzrow said:

ok the original first run of PS3 could! as it had actual PS2 HARDWARE in them!

later revisions they removed it to save money yet still sell them at the same price!

that will be why your 60gb can play PS2 and PS1 games it will have the hardware!
Wrong again. The first runs of the 80GB model can play PS2 through software methods. This version is still being included with the MGS4 80GB bundle as far as I know(if they are still around!).

It was also not removed to save money. They removed it as they wanted PS3 owners to focus more on buying PS3 software. Source

All versions of the PS3 console can play PS1 games.

wingzrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blitzer320 said:
i dont know if independence will work because they fixed that when the slim ps2 came out so i don't think sony would be stupid enough not to apply the same patches to the ps3.
Also i believe that the ps3 filesystem is different so independence might not even install correctly

I was told that they fixed the making of the card but not the booting of one on slim. It won't read usb sticks so you can't make your own card but if someone else were able to on theirs with a memor 32 it should still boot it. In theory if the hardware for the ps2 slim and the ps2 components of the 60 gig are the same it might work.

QUOTEfor the ps2 games can be run but you do need to open the system up and put a switch into it to eject the disk after it is listed in the browser

Could you link me to a topic or another site with information on how to do this?

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wingzrow said:
blitzer320 said:

I was told that they fixed the making of the card but not the booting of one on slim. It won't read usb sticks so you can't make your own card but if someone else were able to on theirs with a memor 32 it should still boot it. In theory if the hardware for the ps2 slim and the ps2 components of the 60 gig are the same it might work.

QUOTEfor the ps2 games can be run but you do need to open the system up and put a switch into it to eject the disk after it is listed in the browser

Could you link me to a topic or another site with information on how to do this?
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/499497

wingzrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, not that IS interesting. Though I would have to solder and open up the ps3 to do this. More options are always better so at least i know this is possible. Anyone here think the memory card exploit would work?

ZonMachi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wingzrow said:
Wow, not that IS interesting. Though I would have to solder and open up the ps3 to do this. More options are always better so at least i know this is possible. Anyone here think the memory card exploit would work?

What exactly do you even do in the memory card exploit?
There's also the other option of having your PS3 opened while a legit ps2 disc is running taking the blu-ray drive and opening the top of the drive and removing the disc and replacing it with your backup since it already has bypassed all checks as someone else mentioned.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
the only way you are going to play ps1 and ps2 backups on your ps3 60gb is to open it up (and void your warranty and appearance of your ps3) there is a youtube video showing you how it's done, but it ain't pretty.

wingzrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't want to open my ps3, the ps3 scene any closer to loading ps2 and ps2 import/backups with some kind of program yet?

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I thought the swapmagic method ran ISO off PS3's HDD but I guess not.

Swap Magic 3.6... check
60GB NTSC/U PS3... check
PSP with 16GB Sony MSPD Mark II w/MagicGate (got it for 79USD 8))... check
PS2 games to play... not check. Maybe Persona 4 and KH Re:CoM?

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
My boss showed me a ps3 playing ps2 and ps1 backups. It needs to be the launch model, and you need to mod it so that you can access the disc slot without ejecting (like the slide tool for ps2). There was more to it, but I wasn't interested.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn