Hacking Is there a current guide for installing homebrew on a 5.5.2U Wii-U?

Razum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Topic title. Recently got the urge to fix my Wii's homebrew issues after not using it for a good 2 years and decided I'd install homebrew on the WiiU instead. Problem is, every guide I've found so far either references a link or download that no longer exists, or is for firmware earlier then my own.

Anyone know if there's a more current guide out there?

Reactions: jeannotte

Razum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiu.hacks.guide

Hope this isn't a stupid question, but the first thing that guide wants me to do is buy a DS virtual console game, which I have no problem with, but, my firmware isn't up to date and I cannot access the eshop as a result. Should I be updating to current firmware first or is there something I'm missing?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have to update if you're fine with not using Haxchi or CBHC. Mocha works just fine on 5.5.2. However, there's no reason not to update.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
but the first thing that guide wants me to do is buy a DS virtual console game
This is one of the methods/ways to use a cfw. Either you use haxchi/cbhc (which i recommend), but it requires a compatible ds vc game. But this method is the most convinient. And the other method is indexiine with mochacfw. But that requires the internet browser. Choose whatever you want. And consider that the game logically only needs to be bought once. In relation to what you can do with it afterwards.

Last edited by BaamAlex,

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
However, there's no reason not to update.
Did some of the cheats codes stop working with the updated firmware compared to 5.5.1? I could be remembering wrong, but I think some of the BOTW codes didn't work with the updated firmware. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did some of the cheats codes stop working with the updated firmware compared to 5.5.1? I could be remembering wrong, but I think some of the BOTW codes didn't work with the updated firmware. Please correct me if I am wrong.
I've never had a problem with cheat codes on 5.5.3, and not a lot changed between 5.5.1 and later versions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?