Is there a company in the U.S that creates custom windshield wipers for the rear window?

jimmyleen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I hate the fact that all vehicles in the U.S don't have the option for rear window wypers. So is there a company in the U.S that can do after market work by doing such a task?

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
It depends on the body style of the vehicle, generally only vehicles with more vertically-oriented rear windows leave the factory with rear windscreen wipers (hatchback, station wagon, minvans, sport pickup etc)

jimmyleen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It depends on the body style of the vehicle, generally only vehicles with more vertically-oriented rear windows leave the factory with rear windscreen wipers (hatchback, station wagon, minvans, sport pickup etc)

I have a 2007 Nissan Altima and I hate driving when I can't see what is going on behind me when its raining, snowing or when I have ice build up. The European country's have coup's with rear wypers, but the U.S doesn't? What the fuck?

Last edited by jimmyleen,

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
I'm from the warm tropics of northern Australia, so unfortunately, I don't even know what snow looks like, let alone what it's like to have my rear window covered in it :P

Does your vehicle have reversing camera? The wikipedia article says it does. Perhaps you can learn to trust what the camera is feeding you. I operate very heavy machinery (400 metric tonnes and more) and I can speak from experience that it takes a lot of practice to "trust" the reversing camera.

I'm a car enthusiast (it's my other hobby aside from video games) and in my opinion, to add rear windscreen wiper will be costly and possibly not worth the hassle.... Drilling hole for the wiper assembly, retrofitting a wiper motor inside your bootlid, repainting, running 12v for power, adding a switch in the cabin to activate it, etc. etc.

I have personally never seen a kit before to achieve this (that's not to say they don't exist though) Good luck though!

jimmyleen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm from the warm tropics of northern Australia, so unfortunately, I don't even know what snow looks like, let alone what it's like to have my rear window covered in it :P

Does your vehicle have reversing camera? The wikipedia article says it does. Perhaps you can learn to trust what the camera is feeding you. I operate very heavy machinery (400 metric tonnes and more) and I can speak from experience that it takes a lot of practice to "trust" the reversing camera.

I'm a car enthusiast (it's my other hobby aside from video games) and in my opinion, to add rear windscreen wiper will be costly and possibly not worth the hassle.... Drilling hole for the wiper assembly, retrofitting a wiper motor inside your bootlid, repainting, running 12v for power, adding a switch in the cabin to activate it, etc. etc.

I have personally never seen a kit before to achieve this (that's not to say they don't exist though) Good luck though!

My Altima never came pre installed with a camera. But I am going to buy a rear view camera and have it installed (in the U.S that would most likely cost a couple hundred dollars?).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Talk about propaganda.