Is there a better alternative 3DS Homebrew community to this one?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by SUPR64, Oct 25, 2015.

1. SUPR64
    OP

SUPR64 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2015
    United States
    The mods are good, I like them. But a ton of the users are incredibly rude and make even posting the most simple thing something to fear. I've barely been able to post anything because there was rarely a time that the people who feel superior didn't come to stomp on people like me. There's been plenty of posts about those kinds of users, but they all point to "Deal with it" and a flamewar.

2. Jwiz33

Jwiz33

Banned
    Jun 5, 2014
    United States
    in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
    /r/3DSHacks/

DesuIsSparta and V3NUS_M1NER like this.
  3. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    No. There isn't. I'm a member of GBAtemp, therefore my duty is keeping you here! :P
    Honestly, I don't know of others. :D
    And if you have a 3DS-related question, just PM me! ;)
    EDIT: OK, too much smilies! :P

Tigroid likes this.
  4. SUPR64
    OP

SUPR64 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2015
    United States
    Wow. Looking at the Reddit board, the people are so much more well-behaved. There's a post on there about a DS emulator, which is obviously not around, and the more...involved users simply let them know that it is not possible and suggested a flash card. Over here, you'll get kicked into a ditch and burned with fire for saying something like that...

The site itself and the moderators, as well a good portion of the users are cool. I don't want this site to wither away or something, I just can't handle some of the people here anymore.

5. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    Then ask first on Reddit if possible or not, then here! B-)

Tigroid likes this.
  6. Garcia98

Garcia98 Hey! Listen!

Sep 8, 2015
    Salamanca
    The function of Reddit it is supposed to be different to the function of GBATemp, you have to understand that creating a thread for asking a simple question which could be related to other thread is annoying as more important threads don't get the attention they could deserve.

I think that GBATemp needs a subforum to ask questions, like Q&A subforums in XDA, I think that there nobody would be rude.

d0k3, OfficerJeffrey, Tigroid and 3 others like this.
  7. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    https://gbatemp.net/ask/? Not really a subforum, but I think it's where a lot of the common questions are supposed to be asked.

8. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    @Garcia98 well said I guess I am one of the ones SUPR64 is talking about because I reported his thread about 2.5 for the very reasons you posted about IE creating multiple threads about the same thing causes other important threads to be ignored but I guess Minox agreed to my point as the thread got closed. supr64 sorry your thread got closed it was nothing personal dude and sorry if I upset you.

Tigroid likes this.
  9. Garcia98

Garcia98 Hey! Listen!

Sep 8, 2015
    Salamanca
    I didn't even know about that lol

I still think that a subforum would be much better because there are more people who sees the forums than that.

Tigroid likes this.
  10. The_Meistro

The_Meistro GBATemp's "Official" Hank Hill

Banned
    Aug 22, 2015
    The Magic School Bus
    I hope so. Because every time someone asks a noob question they are hunted down, and abused online. Its kinda creepy.
    Every time someone asks: " CIAs on 10.2 pls?" They might as well print off wanted posters of themselves with an $1,000,000 Bounty and hang it all over town. It kinda sucks when someone gets ya down just because you asked a question. Which i might add THAT IS WHAT GBATEMP IS FOR! ASKING QUESTIONS!

Kippykip, Tigroid and Razorzeto like this.
  11. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Gbatemp is about asking questions but when the question has been asked hundreds of times and people don't search for answer's that is very annoying

12. legofan623

legofan623 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 3, 2011
    United States
    Puyallup, WA
    The subreddit is like the place for beginners, and here is for the well-read. Problem is that everyone has it backwards, and GBATemp somehow attracts the arrogant users as well.

Tigroid likes this.
  13. SonicRegret

SonicRegret Ultimate Ayame

Sep 5, 2015
    United States
    Chad
    NO, GibbaTemp is the master race of 3ds homebrew forums. Hail [insert Vinnyequivalent here]!
    But seriously, some people are cool and some aren't, thats how the world works sometimes. But if I would suggest another community, Best one in my opinion is GBAtemp.

Last edited by SonicRegret, Oct 25, 2015
  14. Phanton

Phanton GBAtemp's Nui lover

Sep 9, 2015
    Argentina
    So on what threads have you tried to make questions?

Tigroid likes this.
  15. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
  16. funnystory

funnystory Banned

Banned
    Sep 20, 2008
    United States
    GBATEMP is the way it is because the moderators allow it to be that way, check out my thread in the suggestions http://gbatemp.net/threads/we-need-...d-giving-out-suspensions.400546/#post-5752725

Tigroid likes this.
  17. The_Meistro

Banned
    Aug 22, 2015
    The Magic School Bus

Tigroid likes this.
  18. SonicRegret

SonicRegret Ultimate Ayame

Sep 5, 2015
    United States
    Chad
    ha, I see what you did there.

Tigroid likes this.
  19. The_Meistro

Banned
    Aug 22, 2015
    The Magic School Bus
    Yeah...
    Vinslam is fake The Meistrodrones DO live on! But we are a rumour now...
    Kinda like the Illuminati..

20. Arubaro

Arubaro Soulspace Guardian

Sep 4, 2015
    Yeah, it's a pitty the fact that there are users that go away because of the community's behavior and not, for example, the community's lack of information

Tigroid likes this.