Homebrew Is there a battery replacement for original switch that lasts longer than the original?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to do a case replacement on my switch, so was wondering if while I have the unit apart, Is there a battery replacement for original switch that lasts longer than the original?

Solution
Most things here tend to be external.

Some have paralleled up batteries (not sure if they are internally or externally managed, individually managed is a good plan though) to give more fun.

As far as a drop in, or drop in with some light scalpel work to make up for the size difference, or drop in and attach this specially made panel on the back. Not seen anything, much less anything good (large capacity replacement batteries from deepest, darkest China tend to be less good than advertised either by no reaching capacity or said capacity lasting 5 charge cycles and a bit firebally at worst).

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most things here tend to be external.

Some have paralleled up batteries (not sure if they are internally or externally managed, individually managed is a good plan though) to give more fun.

As far as a drop in, or drop in with some light scalpel work to make up for the size difference, or drop in and attach this specially made panel on the back. Not seen anything, much less anything good (large capacity replacement batteries from deepest, darkest China tend to be less good than advertised either by no reaching capacity or said capacity lasting 5 charge cycles and a bit firebally at worst).

Solution

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thank you, could not find much info online about what you have stated so was wondering. Thanks for responding. Will stick with my original for now then.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
never looked into it, but I was thinking about buying a switch lite at some point. I just don't want to have it plugged in all the time. I know the wii u battery, the larger one by Nintenndo, is actually quite a bit larger than the original battery, but the compartment is large enough to accommodate it. from what I remember, the battery is just the perfect size for the switch, but I'm basing that on pictures.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea I ordered an original factory battery replacement for it too,(amazon-$20) figured that will help at-least cause yea, like every battery, eventually it wears down. Thanks for your comments.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Thank you based Dinoh.