Hacking Is there a backup launcher channel that goes to configuration menu by

Fat Cow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curerntly playing a Japanese game that that requires VIDTV option on, and sometimes I forgot to press 1 when launching and have to reset my Wii, so is there one that goes into config screen by default?

kilroy00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
This is my first post on GBAtemp, but I am in need of some answers...

first, I have installed HBC and the downgrade using the TP hack.
second, I dow00ngraded to 3.2U
third, I installed dvdx, gamma launcher, dvd dumper, and softchip loader svn (by orange chicken)

also, I installed all the necessary IOS's need to run any homebrew/backups

now onto the issue.

my backup launcher is .3g, also have .3 and .1...all installed...
but the newest backup launcher allows you to have a config screen by holding 1 when you press start, when I do that the launcher comes up but no config screen. all of the other launchers that automatically come up with a config screen also do not work, they do not launch or anything.

.3g has an autoboot so it allows me to play all backups...now I have a weird part also...I have "homebrewed" 3 other wii's, and they all get the config screen with no problem, but they have to sometimes force PAL, or NTSC, or PAL60, etc....but I never have to, on all three of the ones I "homebrewed" on Madden 09 they have to force NTSC, but I don't, I'm not sure if this is something with the IOS's or not...I can't figure it out....

I have tried to uninstall everything using "anytitle delete" and "WAD Manager" and then reinstalling it...but still the same problem, I have even uninstalled everything along with upgrading then redowngrading then installing everything again...still the same thing...no config screen.

I don't know if anyone else has had this "problem", (well I don't know if it is a problem, but I wanna make sure that my wii isn't complete dumb)...but if so...help would be greatly appreciated...

also if anyone knows how to get a hold of waninkoko, so I could thank him for the launcher and also ask him the same question...that would be great...

thanks...

ntt4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive got a .wad install that installs itself as a channel.

Once you load the channel it takes you straight to a config menu.
If I find it, Ill post it here.

Theres one here
http://www.instructables.com/id/Run_Backup...hout_a_Modchip/

Youll find it
biggrin.gif

kilroy00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ntt4 said:
Ive got a .wad install that installs itself as a channel.

Once you load the channel it takes you straight to a config menu.
If I find it, Ill post it here.

Theres one here
http://www.instructables.com/id/Run_Backup...hout_a_Modchip/

Youll find it
biggrin.gif

well...I have the channel (.3g) that autoboots into a game, but it says on the "preview" screen "hold 1 after start is pressed to go to config screen" (or something like that)...also I have tried the channel .3 that goes straight to a config screen....but the screen doesn't pop up and I can't get it to load a game...
that's my problem...

EDIT!!!!
I was reading random forums about LG drives...and found the answer I was looking for...

NOTE**** if you have any gamecube accessories plugged into the wii, such as; controller, wave-bird wireless adapter, or a GC memory card...the configuration screen for backup launcher will not show up****NOTE

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?