Gaming Is there a 4.3U firmware?

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I tried accessing the WiiWare but...no dice, it asks for an update, I'm currently on 4.2U.
Using a non-softmodded Wii, is softmodding risky? Chance of bricking?

Rajahten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
updating doesn't necessarily mean updating the version. It can just update random files on your wii to allow it to work with whatever it's trying to install.

games do this frequently.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's no 4.3 update (It's just updating internal system files [IOS]). If you don't want to softmod, just update. Softmodding isn't very risky. The only way you can brick from softmodding is from being stupid (deleting system files, turning off while installing something), or from the power going out while softmodding.
Burton said:
SamAsh07 said:
I tried accessing the WiiWare but...no dice, it asks for an update,

What do u mean by that? U mean trying to buy wiiware channels?
He's trying to play them.

elmariachi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SamAsh07 said:
I tried accessing the WiiWare but...no dice, it asks for an update, I'm currently on 4.2U.
Using a non-softmodded Wii, is softmodding risky? Chance of bricking?

softmodding your wii there is always a small chance of bricking, however this chance is very small if you just stick to the Softmod guide

one thing I wouldn't do for the moment is update to 4.3 cause N fixed some flaws that are needed tot get your Wii softmodded.

Once you softmodded your wii, no need to update to 4.3 just update the shop channel with homebrew to get to the WiiWare you want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans