Hacking Is their such a thing as emulators on wii u besides just nintendo stuff?

D

Deleted User

7c3.jpg

And no, there are no Arcade/Genesis emulators. There's RetroArch for vWii, however.

FrozenDragon150

Notorious Coffee Drinker
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Eh, few people are interested in those, and since the Wii U already has VC for most Nintendo consoles, or can otherwise play them by backwards compatibility like Wii and GCN games.... Well

Dungeonseeker

Trophies
XP
Country
Jesus, the troll level in here is stupid high.

To answer your question properly OP, not right now however there's a guy whose working on porting Retroarch to Wii U and I believe he's having pretty good results too. Nothing is actually available right now (unless you are willing to grab source and wiiu libs and compile yourself) but I've heard of a few people actually having libretto cores compiled on their Wii US.

It's only a matter of time :)

D

Deleted User

Besides Nintendo's virtual console software, both @QuarkTheAwesome and @brienj ported LiteNES to the Wii U, but it resides inside the web browser, so no sound.

@rw-r-r_0644 created an emulator for the CHIP-8 virtual machine, which is technically an emulator. (There's some pretty entertaining free games for it, too). @brienj is currently working on a version 3.0 (I think).

@QuarkTheAwesome is also currently porting LibRetro to the Wii U, which is essentially the core to RetroArch.

You didn't ask for information on Nintendo's virtual console, but ROM images can actually be injected into the virtual console, just do a search of the forums. If you have the (preferably legal, as in dumped from your own cartridges) ROM images, they can be injected into one virtual console purchase.

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Besides Nintendo's virtual console software, both @QuarkTheAwesome and @brienj ported LiteNES to the Wii U, but it resides inside the web browser, so no sound.

@rw-r-r_0644 created an emulator for the CHIP-8 virtual machine, which is technically an emulator. (There's some pretty entertaining free games for it, too). @brienj is currently working on a version 3.0 (I think).

@QuarkTheAwesome is also currently porting LibRetro to the Wii U, which is essentially the core to RetroArch.

You didn't ask for information on Nintendo's virtual console, but ROM images can actually be injected into the virtual console, just do a search of the forums. If you have the (preferably legal, as in dumped from your own cartridges) ROM images, they can be injected into one virtual console purchase.
I'm also working on some things for emulation that shall not be named at this time. Everyone just rest assured that things are being worked on, and there is zero need for IOSU. Only dirty pirates need it, for USB loading.

Reactions: rw-r-r_0644
Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
and there is zero need for IOSU. Only dirty pirates need it, for USB loading.
Woah Woah woah!
I know you don't want Gbatemp shitposting but I do want an exploit - permanent and/or boot-time stuff, CFWs, forwarder channels... All IOSU.
I would also like to be able to keep my retro stuff on a USB too.
Other than that, I agree that most homebrew can be done on kernel, but I'd argue that the launching method would change.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
brienj is making GX2 emulators for Wii U at the moment.
He's gonna release a GX2 Chip-8 emulator for Wii U soon.
Well done I'm pretty sure just a few posts back brienj said he did not want people to know what emulators he was working on and then you come along and announce it to the world. brienj obviously had reasons he did not want the world to know yet so why did you feel the need to come along and tell everyone??

Last edited by AmandaRose,
Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
Well done I'm pretty sure just a few posts back brienj said he did not want people to know what emulators he was working on and then you come along and announce it to the world. brienj obviously had reasons he did not want the world to know yet so why did you feel the need to come along and tell everyone??
It's public on his Twitter.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's public on his Twitter.
Lol ok so why did brainj say a few posts back he was not prepared to name his emulator that makes zero sense if it's in his Twitter. It's basically like telling someone you have a huge secret and you are not going to tell it but people already know so what's the point in that??

Last edited by AmandaRose,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are some injects....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------