Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I once entered my data on there as I was curious (without any intention to move to Canada although I love the mountains), and today I received an email saying I'm approved for permanent residency and it just costs $39.

Have looked through the website and it appears to be legitimate although the price seems something too cheap and that a scammer would come up with.

Yeah, I know I shouldn't have typed my data.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hooray-its-weekend.gif

Edit: Ask a Canadian!

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is this a scam, I mean I won't tell you the email address or website address or anything other than a price, but is it a scam?

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this a scam, I mean I won't tell you the email address or website address or anything other than a price, but is it a scam?
I actually was called up next day when I first entered my info there, and months later, I received this email from CIMS.

zxxhdiR.jpg

There is nothing to indicate it's a scam other than it just feels too cheap.

Don't think Canada is desperate to attract people into it (although Australia is, folks aged 18-30 can fly from the U.K. to AU for $12).

uk-victim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I once entered my data on there as I was curious (without any intention to move to Canada although I love the mountains), and today I received an email saying I'm approved for permanent residency and it just costs $39.

Have looked through the website and it appears to be legitimate although the price seems something too cheap and that a scammer would come up with.

Yeah, I know I shouldn't have typed my data.
SCAMMERS!! AVOID AT ALL COST ! They don't have registered office address and refuse to provide one. They use fake names whey they call you or email you and refuse to provide their identity.
According to Canadian immigration law, to legally offer immigration advice or services for a fee in Canada, individuals have to be members of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC), lawyers (registered with one of 13 provincial or territorial law societies), or notaries registered in Quebec.
In other words, an Authorised Representative as defined by Canadian immigration law is an RCIC, a lawyer, or a notary, which NEITHER OF THEM ARE!! They are running this business illegally!!

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SCAMMERS!! AVOID AT ALL COST ! They don't have registered office address and refuse to provide one. They use fake names whey they call you or email you and refuse to provide their identity.
According to Canadian immigration law, to legally offer immigration advice or services for a fee in Canada, individuals have to be members of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC), lawyers (registered with one of 13 provincial or territorial law societies), or notaries registered in Quebec.
In other words, an Authorised Representative as defined by Canadian immigration law is an RCIC, a lawyer, or a notary, which NEITHER OF THEM ARE!! They are running this business illegally!!
Thank you for that detailed comment.

I didn't pay for anything as it seemed suspicious, anyway. However, all that aside, I'd like to visit Canada's mountains one day 'cause they look beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGAHfC5P-Y