Hacking Is the R4DS linux compatible?

recover

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm using Ubuntu and everything worked as expected.
Plugged in the usb microsd reader and a window popped up and I just copied the files and it worked.
smile.gif

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using gentoo and supercard ds one without problems, it's just writing to a microsd card. Before upgrading to slot1 I didn't have any problem running supercard software through wine

shukuchi17

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm using ubuntu and r4 works fine but it dosen't recognize the skins or cheat files..but when I copy the exact same files using windows on another pc, it works..anyone know how to fix this?

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
Make sure you eject superrobb. Thats the only thing I dont like about Ubuntu right now

You mean as opposed to just ripping the reader out of the usb port in Windows? You are meant to eject a usb reader no matter what OS you are using.

Yes, you are suppose to, but no one does
wink2.gif
. But on Ubuntu(or any Linux disto I think) if you don't eject it doesn't save the data you put on it after you put it in.

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i used to justi ripp TF reader out of the usb port before, but after it killed my TF reader i started being careful and stopping usb readers before removing. i've also killed a old usb disk drive by just unplugging it before. also i never unplugged usb devices while it wrote or read, but didnt stop it from killing stuff...

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using ubuntu and r4 works fine but it dosen't recognize the skins or cheat files..but when I copy the exact same files using windows on another pc, it works..anyone know how to fix this?

I had the same problem till I realized that you have to manually rename every file to capital letters. For the R4DS _system_ does not equal _SYSTEM_ also make sure CHEAT.DAT and all the skin files are capitals

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you rename the files to caps off of the card. FAT/FAT32 doesn't distinguish between caps, but the R4's system does.

a simple line of code does the trick.
Code:
rename 'y/a-z/A-Z/' *

shukuchi17

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had the same problem till I realized that you have to manually rename every file to capital letters. For the R4DS _system_ does not equal _SYSTEM_ also make sure CHEAT.DAT and all the skin files are capitals

do I have to rename every file in the kernel or just the folder and cheat.dat?

Make sure you rename the files to caps off of the card. FAT/FAT32 doesn't distinguish between caps, but the R4's system does.

a simple line of code does the trick.
Code:
rename 'y/a-z/A-Z/' *

how do I use this code..? sorry, but I'm just new to ubuntu/linux..
OT, how can I format the TF using linux?

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
do I have to rename every file in the kernel or just the folder and cheat.dat?

how do I use this code..? sorry, but I'm just new to ubuntu/linux..
OT, how can I format the TF using linux?

I recommend capitalizing everything that comes in the archive from r4ds.com

To use that command just open a command line terminal and change into the microsd's directory which is probably /media/disk like mine. Then run that command. It is not recursive so you will have to run it in every subdirectory by changing into them and running it again.

I don't recommend formatting your microsd card in Linux, I have never been able to get a proper fat file system when using Linux. Since you are new to Linux I will assume you are dual booting (I single booting so I am stuck going to friends when I want to format any usb media) so just format under Windows for the best results.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: