Hardware Is the psvita worth it?

lukasic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im thinking of buying one,ive had a long debate of buying 3DS or a vita and i got a 3ds in the end.Im sort of disappointed with it.Aside from the squeaky parts,the games for it are just too expensive in my region,and there arent any 3DS full games i like on the nintendo shop.I own some games on the PSN,and i might do the 5$ UMD transfer or whatever is the name of it.So will i get dissappointed with it if i buy it?

lukasic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i CAN afford,but i don't really feel comfortable paying 50 euros for a game that i might not like,ive bought thor for 50 euros here and ive liked but it was really short.The only other games i have here are spiderman and...dont remember the name of the other one.Nintendogz i think.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i might do the 5$ UMD transfer or whatever is the name of it

Pretty sure the UMD transfer is Japan only. Any PSP games purchased on the PSN then can carry over (if they're officially supported, anything not officially supported can only be transferred over with a PS3).

Also, I dunno how pricing is in your region but Vita games aren't better priced necessarily. 3DS games are mostly baselined at $40 where I am. Vita games range from $30-$50 (only $50 game currently is Uncharted). Still, I wouldn't see Vita games being that much better priced, if at all. EDIT: Plus the Vita itself is a pricier console, although you bought your 3DS for the same price so this doesn't really matter at this point.

All these aside, I'd say the Vita. It's really pleased me. It feels very sleek and doesn't really have "compromises" like the PSP had. It can do games that look practically as good as PS3 games, has two actual analog sticks so you can play dual analog games, and it has the touchscreen and other things to compensate (or even give it an advantage) over the few buttons its missing.

Game library is slow growing but the launch line up is rather fantastic and should keep you busy for a while. Plus it's already got quite a few good "time sink" games that'll keep you busy for a while (Dynasty Warriors Next, Lumines, Disgaea 3, etc).

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Each system has it's own weaknesses alongside it's advantages. It's really down to which system offers the kind of games you'd like, because it's the games that make the system. You've already made mention that 3DS games in your region are expensive, though you didn't say whether Vita games were just as pricey. Even with that, if Vita games don't offer what you'd like in games, then I dunno what else to tell you. You have a 3DS, so you can at least check the demos of full games, right? As for the Vita, any stores in your area that have demo stations that you can try?

lukasic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As for the Vita, any stores in your area that have demo stations that you can try?
You mean where they let you try out the system?Nah these greedy stores ive got here get everything overpriced.I paid 250 euros for my 3ds while its only 160 dollars in the US.As for the games on the vita,i'll probably use remoteplay+multiman to play games.Im pretty familiar with the PSP and ill just download the PSP games from PSN,however 3DS is my first DS.So it's kinda of different.I guess ill get a vita when i travel to France.Hope it won't be as overpriced as it is here,because it costs 320 euros for the wi-fi version.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
As for the Vita, any stores in your area that have demo stations that you can try?
Nah these greedy stores ive got here get everything overpriced.I paid 250 euros for my 3ds while its only 160 dollars in the US.

Stores still charging that price, even after the price cut from last August? That's highway robbery! Or did you buy your 3DS before the price cut?

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah these greedy stores ive got here get everything overpriced.I paid 250 euros for my 3ds while its only 160 dollars in the US.

Stores still charging that price, even after the price cut from last August? That's highway robbery! Or did you buy your 3DS before the price cut?

That's how it is outside of America. 3DS still cost over $240+ over here, and if you get one of the limited print versions or games bundle, you are looking closer to $300 (Seems stupid that my Zelda edition was only $170-$190 when I got it in the US). The Vita is $350ish for the wi-fi model and $420ish for 3G. Obviously this is Australia so the OP isn't the same, but you guys get it really good over there in terms of product pricing ;)

lukasic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought it 2 weeks ago.
Wow, did you not consider importing? Would have been much cheaper and I presume from your perfect spelling and grammar that you can read English.

Edit: 2000 posts!
Patience is certainly not one of my virtues.I've made quite a lot mistakes before because of it...Also grats on the 2k posts ! ^_^

Reactions: 1 person

lukasic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

That's how it is outside of America. 3DS still cost over $240+ over here, and if you get one of the limited print versions or games bundle, you are looking closer to $300 (Seems stupid that my Zelda edition was only $170-$190 when I got it in the US). The Vita is $350ish for the wi-fi model and $420ish for 3G. Obviously this is Australia so the OP isn't the same, but you guys get it really good over there in terms of product pricing ;)
240$ is 180 euro,and 187 euro if youre talking about australian dollars.I still paid ~35% more...The vita isnt avaiable here yet but im guessing it will be sold for about 300+ euros here.I paid 500 euros when the psp phat came out.Tho i've had more money then than i have now...

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy +2