Gaming Is the PSP Go worth it (now)?

Slyakin

See ya suckers
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After being cracked right open thanks to fail0verflow and Geohot, I was wondering:

"Is it worth it to get a PSP Go now"?

I have a dusty old PSP 1000 (launch model), and it can't take much more stress. The shoulder buttons have been repaired SEVERAL times, and I had to get 2 batteries for it. Also, the D-Pad is getting really unresponsive. I love the PSP, and the PSP Go seems to be the perfect portable for me (besides the 3DS.
tongue.gif
)

So...

Jaxom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've got a PSP Go, it's a nice portable. But the PSP2 will be in soon. So, I can recommend to you to wait just a little and buy a PSP2 wich is like a PSP Go but with higher performances.

JamesCID

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you are looking for portability then yeah, the only cons the GO has right now are the compatibility with PSX games and the awkward controls for some people with big hands.

MasterMan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
^
And it's so slim i fear it'll break in my big hands. I realy don't trust slide things, especialy Sony ones.

But seriously, the screen is way smaler than before, people complain, but i only realised it by lookin' my fat's box.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
I wouldn't go for it personally. AFAIK you can't upgrade the storage capacity or the battery, and it looks too tiny to be comfortable... But you say the Go can play homebrew and backups today? Pretty cool. I haven't paid much attention to PSP scene lately

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been looking for one, too. I think it's worth it if you can find it for a cheap price since it's been cracked open. If the rumors are true then it'll be announced this month. If it has backwards compatibility, I'm probably going to wait out for that instead regardless of it being cracked or not.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ludicario said:
I've got a PSP Go, it's a nice portable. But the PSP2 will be in soon. So, I can recommend to you to wait just a little and buy a PSP2 wich is like a PSP Go but with higher performances.
That the PSP Phone....

rook2King

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Ludicario said:
That the PSP Phone....
Isn't there going to be a psp phone [/font]& psp2 [or whatever it's going to be called] coming out from sony?

Posts merged

Oh woops, font screwup thing...

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rook2King said:
KingVamp said:
Ludicario said:
That the PSP Phone....
Isn't there going to be a psp phone [/font]& psp2 [or whatever it's going to be called] coming out from sony?

Posts merged

Oh woops, font screwup thing...

There a psp phone and psp2, what I read was he was comparing the look of psp GO to the look of psp2 which has no pics yet. The psp phone look like the psp go so I thought he was confused...

Slyakin

See ya suckers
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zerox8610 said:
Haven't you made this SAME thread like 8 times now??

Because I see a new one... practically everyday now.
Actually, my other PSP threads are just questions regarding hacking the damn thing.

With the release of signed EBOOTS and 6.35 HEN, a person new to the scene will probably be very damn confused.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSP Go/6.20+ firmware got hacked?

All I've really seen is "PS3 HACKED WIDE OPEN" news and nothing about the PSP even though it had its keys dumped as well.

The main problem with the Go was the game library (mainly only being limited to what goes on the PS Store) but if you can run any game of the memory stick then I'd say it's worth it. Looks pretty sleek and portable and costs about the same as a PSP 3000 bundle ($200 new, you just don't get a game that you could pirate anyway). Odds are you have a memory stick from your old PSP so no problem there.

I'd say go for it, if it is hacked (still haven't read any news on it) then I'll probably nab one once my 1000 dies (but I got it not even a year ago in near-mint condition so it's got some good life in it).

iggloovortex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:

All I've really seen is "PS3 HACKED WIDE OPEN" news and nothing about the PSP even though it had its keys dumped as well.

The main problem with the Go was the game library (mainly only being limited to what goes on the PS Store) but if you can run any game of the memory stick then I'd say it's worth it. Looks pretty sleek and portable and costs about the same as a PSP 3000 bundle ($200 new, you just don't get a game that you could pirate anyway). Odds are you have a memory stick from your old PSP so no problem there.

I'd say go for it, if it is hacked (still haven't read any news on it) then I'll probably nab one once my 1000 dies (but I got it not even a year ago in near-mint condition so it's got some good life in it).

PSPGo has no mem stick so you'd have to see if there was a way to put iso's or something on it through USB connection

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
iggloovortex said:
Guild McCommunist said:

PSPGo has no mem stick so you'd have to see if there was a way to put iso's or something on it through USB connection

The PSPGo uses the M2 Memory Stick.

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
Slyakin said:
After being cracked right open thanks to fail0verflow and Geohot, I was wondering:

"Is it worth it to get a PSP Go now"?

I have a dusty old PSP 1000 (launch model), and it can't take much more stress. The shoulder buttons have been repaired SEVERAL times, and I had to get 2 batteries for it. Also, the D-Pad is getting really unresponsive. I love the PSP, and the PSP Go seems to be the perfect portable for me (besides the 3DS.
tongue.gif
)

So...
correction. Geohot had NOTHING at all to do with the PSP keys, They were from Mathieulh

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Christmas even 6.20 was released... then an ISO loader for it, then a downgrader (back to 5.03) for it, then a 6.31/6.35 HEN... and there's a 6.36 (japan-only) beta HEN.

All of these do less than current 5.00/5.50 CFWs for now, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.