Gaming is the ps3 "self cleaning" method a good idea?

specter7693

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i saw on you tube that turning your ps3 on from the switch in the back while holding the eject button cleans itself then shuts off iv heard that its good for your ps3 to do that every once and a while iv also heard that its bad for it and if u want to clean the dust out use an upright vacuum cleaner and run the hose over the vents witch is best in your opinion?

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Vacuum Cleaner is big no

it can cause static and ruin the damn thing.

get a can on compressed air, and blow the dust out, the only way to properly remove dust from hardware. (you can pick these up anyway where they sell PC suff, or maybe in the IT section of a supermarket, it does wonders with everything)

specter7693

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea i kinda figured that. but can turning the ps3 off with the switch then turning it back on holding the eject button so the fan comes on high then it shuts itself off is that bad for it? oh yeah not to change the thread or any thing but quick question, can the ps3 play iso's if so how hard is it to do that? im sorry i hate to change the topic but i was just wondering

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Don't go down that road... as for the short run, you cannot paly ISO's on the PS3

yet Geohot's work so far looks promising, and he claims that it's possible.... again let to emphasize the word claim

turning on the fans on high wont do shit. compressed air is the way to go. Turning the PS3 on and off... only good i see in it is fucking up the power supply.

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
lol, the manual says, vacuum cleaner (in low power) is enough, using a air compressor or any of it wont do a goodthing.

anyway, im just following the manual says, in sony way
biggrin.gif

Finishoff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Some fat PS3 models can do the self cleaning thing by blowing the air out clearing out dust.

Some people say its bad and it damages the PS3, others say it don't. Just do it but not often.
There's really no proof that its bad really.

EDIT: It blows in a upwards direction and the ducts are located in the back side, left and right side technically outwards.

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
thats true, if you turn on the fan test. the chances of getting a red blinking light of death is 90% and scenarios also getting some YLOD after they initiated the fantest.

btw: the fan inside of it is "not" blowing out the dust, and theres no way that fan of PS3 can turn into another direction, the fan inside of it rotates only in one way direction.

=-=-=-=

anyway, its up to you if you want to use fantest, air compressor or anything that manual didnt mention on how to clean the PS3. Ive been using vacuum cleaner to use my Ps3 for over 5 years on my 60GB SKU EUR Console and still cool, quite and running fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2