1. Arsenalof1

OP Arsenalof1 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I've got a Nintendo Switch with firmware 9.0.1 and i'm interested in applying custom firmware to the system. I hate trying mess around with swapping my cartridges to play my other games. Is there a way I can install a cfw on the system so I can install the games onto the sd card and switch freely? Do I use a payload injector? I'm not familiar with this system and I cant find much info and i've been digging around for almost 12 hours now... Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

I've found this link(inserted below), has anyone used this and had success? What are all the features? The website didn't give too much detail...
    https://nintendoswitchjailbreak.net/nintendo-switch-jailbreak-cfw/

2. ninjistix

ninjistix GBAtemp Regular

United States
    that site is fishy as hell,
    • first flag is the ReiNX logo, which hasn't been updated since 8.1.0
    • second flag is telling you to download "SWITCHUPDATE.NRO" and install it via update to "jailbreak" WHAT?
    I would first start with https://ismyswitchpatched.com/ to see if it can be homebrewed and then go to https://guide.teamatlasnx.com for a guide on how to setup kosmos... if you get stuck head to youtube and look for M.O.N Reborn he has good tutorials

MushGuy and Arsenalof1 like this.
  3. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    If your Switch is unpatched, it's hackable on any system version. Use the website posted above to figure out if it's likely patched or not.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    Arsenalof1 and Slim45 like this.
  4. Arsenalof1

OP Arsenalof1 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for the info! I actually have a pretty good concept now of what I'm doing now. The only thing I can't figure out is the Online functionality after using cfw. Most forums are full of sarcasm at this point and drives me nuts sifting through and fact checking everything. I understand that when running Kosmos put it In airplane mode and all that so you don't get banned. What about if I were to fully power down the system, remove all the accessories, then restart it? Can I still play my games if I have the game physically In the system, as normal? Do saves get deleted when the system fully powers down from Kosmos?

5. Hamdan

Hamdan GBAtemp Regular

Pakistan
    "4 beeps will come and then it will shutdown"
    Hmmmm....

More like: "4 beeps will come and then it will brick!" ;)

MUDD_BR likes this.
  6. s0litary

s0litary Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    If you install the CFW on EmuNAND the SysNAND stays clean and booting into OFW and going online should be fine. I used this guide for EmuNAND:

https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/

Arsenalof1 and Lacius like this.
  7. Arsenalof1

OP Arsenalof1 Member
    Newcomer

United States

Awesome! Thank you for your help! I'm sorry for all the questions, but getting cfw on this system will make my wife soo happy. Is there anything special you have to do when you load up the system in CFW to make sure your saves are going to load everytime, or do they automatically save to the sd card when using ediZon or checkpoint?

8. s0litary

s0litary Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    When you use EmuNAND everything is on the SD, the whole system, so you don't even need checkpoint for regular saves. But don't import your saves into OFW that is asking for a ban.

9. Kiwi_Kitten

Kiwi_Kitten Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I feel the need to add this: If anything refers to hacking something that ISN'T an Apple product as a "Jailbreak", then it's most likely fake, and you should run.

That's from my experience, anyways. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Draxzelex likes this.
  10. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I think the word "jailbreak" suggests full access to the system. for example, I wouldn't call the ps4 exploits a jailbreak, because you're still very limited in what you can do.

11. Kiwi_Kitten

Kiwi_Kitten Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Honest, when you put it like that, it makes more sense. Thank you for clarifying.

12. Arsenalof1

OP Arsenalof1 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So unfortunetately I've come accross an issue. The Fusee test bin file is no longer available one of the links provided to me to run the cfw programming from this webpage:

https://switch.homebrew.guide/gettingstarted/checkingrcm

I also have been reading into creating the EmuNAND.

I now have my rcmloader supposedly with all the latest updates on firmware from: www.xkit.xyz

What is the best suggestion to do now? I'm kinda lost and would rather not give my wife a brick for christmas lol

13. Arsenalof1

OP Arsenalof1 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So I have the EmuNAND set up now from this link: https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/

Now I can't figure out how to install the games... Can someone help me with a step by step process of putting the games onto it with Atmosphere? I have had goldleaf on it but I see nowhere on how to even work these programs...

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, Switch,