Hacking Is the New Sky3ds worth buying over the old one?

Aprovedshark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the differences that great ? Should I wait for the new one or just order the old one to use it before Christmas?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Are the differences that great ? Should I wait for the new one or just order the old one to use it before Christmas?
They say they are working on a solution for AP patch on the existing model, but being as it's not firmware updatable, I'm not sure that's even possible.
Anyway, the new model is firmware updatable, making it more future proof, and has two buttons to cycle to previous/next game which makes a HUGE difference in convenience, and that's not all. If you have many games and you want to play one of the last games you don't have to cycle through the whole list to get to the game you want. I would say that firmware updates are reason enough to wait since you never know what Nintendo will do to try to block it even if they did figure out a way to bypass the AP using homebrew, the other new features are just a bonus.
Buying a blue button Sky3DS at this point would be beyond stupid.

Reactions: funnystory

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I were in the situation that I had a (n)3DS on SysNAND 9.3.0 or higher, I would get a Sky3DS+ for sure, but that's just for ease of use. If I had a 9.2.0 or lower, I'd either get a GW but I might consider trying to pick up an older Sky3DS dirt cheap, just to put Cubic Ninja on it then use CFW.

Uring

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
If I were in the situation that I had a (n)3DS on SysNAND 9.3.0 or higher, I would get a Sky3DS+ for sure, but that's just for ease of use. If I had a 9.2.0 or lower, I'd either get a GW but I might consider trying to pick up an older Sky3DS dirt cheap, just to put Cubic Ninja on it then use CFW.
This is pretty much my situation.i was fince since a have an old3ds on 9.2 but since the e-shop was blockeded by nintendo on the *haxs my n3ds (9.4) is a shiny red paperweight and It will be a pain to play monster hunter x on an old3ds so sky3ds+ seems a pretty good option.

Last edited by Uring,

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why would you buy old cart? Wait for reviews and decide, according to the features it "looks" like its a ultimate flashcart. Because of the curious firmware update, we are not sure if its gonna avoid in the future secuirity checks for games or firmware.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FYI, you don't even need to buy a Sky3DS or Cubic Ninja if you're going to use CFW. You can even set up emuNAND just fine using Pasta and a Cubic Ninja CIA.

Xalyy

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
FYI, you don't even need to buy a Sky3DS or Cubic Ninja if you're going to use CFW. You can even set up emuNAND just fine using Pasta and a Cubic Ninja CIA.

Expect its a miracle to find a 9.2 or below system :P

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Expect its a miracle to find a 9.2 or below system :P
That is why it is best to try to find one as soon as you can before eventually they become rare and next thing you know, they are on ebay for $300. :wtf: For me i think it is worth it though since this new sky3ds does more then just get pass the new AP protection.

Xalyy

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
That is why it is best to try to find one as soon as you can before eventually they become rare and next thing you know, they are on ebay for $300. :wtf: For me i think it is worth it though since this new sky3ds does more then just get pass the new AP protection.

I thinking about buying a second one, but is it really worth it? I mean I already got an r4i gold and sky3ds is coming next week.

lexluth0r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't install pasta cfw to install rxtools I'm about to give up and buy a sky3ds + btw my firmware is 7.2 and pasta just freezes to black screen

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thinking about buying a second one, but is it really worth it? I mean I already got an r4i gold and sky3ds is coming next week.
For me personally, i would. Doesn't hurt to have 1 legit system, which you already have, and 1 system that is already set to run games, either with a gateway 3ds or custom firmware. Just keep your main nintendo id on your 3ds/2ds with the sky3ds, and make a new nintendo id for the gateway 3ds/custom firmware 3ds/2ds.

Plus if you have a friend that either doesn't have a 3ds at all or has one but doesn't have the same game or games as you, you could let them use the extra 3ds for multiplayer. That is just me though.

Last edited by cvskid,

Xalyy

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
For me personally, i would. Doesn't hurt to have 1 legit system, which you already have, and 1 system that is already set to run games, either with a gateway 3ds or custom firmware. Just keep your main nintendo id on your 3ds/2ds with the sky3ds, and make a new nintendo id for the gateway 3ds/custom firmware 3ds/2ds.

Plus if you have a friend that either doesn't have a 3ds at all or has one but doesn't have the same game or games as you, you could let them use the extra 3ds for multiplayer. That is just me though.

But why buy another cart if cfw doesnt need carts?

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But why buy another cart if cfw doesnt need carts?
True, it does not need carts. That is assuming you would rather use gateway 3ds over cfw for the convenience of not having to install your games and just drag and drop .3ds/.3dz files. That and you don't need any external sources like NTR CFW to use out of region dlc/updates.

Most people will lean torwards using cfw though.

Last edited by cvskid,

Aprovedshark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly don't think that will happen. Eventually they will find an exploit past 9.2 but not in the near future. The 3DS's with 9.2 and below on ebay are selling at $120 and are most likely going to stay that price for awhile. From everyone's opinion , I would stick with the 3ds you already spent 250$+ on and just get the Sky3ds. Then in the far future(next year at the same time or two years) you most likely will see an exploit that goes past 9.2.

Thanks for the replies everyone :D

Reactions: cvskid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan +1