Is the new Pandora going to revolutionize anything?

Shakraka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Viral marketing.
viralmarketingvu9.jpg

blueskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
Um, no. It's over-hyped, over-priced, and it certainly isn't "the shit". A PSP can pretty much do everything the Pandora can do, and the PSP can play PSP games.

HAHA noooooo. The Pandora is more of a mini mini laptop than a gaming machine. They may be able to emulate similar hardware, but as far as capabilities and 'what it can do', Pandora blows PSP out of the water.

I might get one on the second round, I'm still skeptical of how much I would use it, and it is very expensive.

Shakraka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blueskies said:
War said:
Um, no. It's over-hyped, over-priced, and it certainly isn't "the shit". A PSP can pretty much do everything the Pandora can do, and the PSP can play PSP games.

HAHA noooooo. The Pandora is more of a mini mini laptop than a gaming machine. They may be able to emulate similar hardware, but as far as capabilities and 'what it can do', Pandora blows PSP out of the water.

I might get one on the second round, I'm still skeptical of how much I would use it, and it is very expensive.
If I wanted a "mini mini laptop" that can emulate PSX games and do the stuff a laptop can do, I'd get a netbook.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
blueskies said:
War said:

Yeah, right. I wanna see it emulate PSP or DS games. Oh right, it can't.

The Pandora is more like a netbook than anything else. It sucks for games, even emulation wise (you have computers for that).

blueskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HBK said:
blueskies said:
War said:

Yeah, right. I wanna see it emulate PSP or DS games. Oh right, it can't.

The Pandora is more like a netbook than anything else. It sucks for games, even emulation wise (you have computers for that).
That's not the point of the Pandora. If all you are looking for is something that can just emulate consoles that have been emulated hundreds of time, then I can fully see why you are not psyched about the Pandora. I see it as a fully capable laptop for interneting, music, movies, email, etc (it runs linux, which if you've used before, you know the possibilities are endless), AND it has standard gaming controls for anything from Atari to PSX. Touchscreen too, so it you hooked it up to an external display, it can totally (...possibly) emulate DS games. AND IT FITS IN YOUR BACK POCKET! And it's open source. I can't think of a bad thing to say about the device, other than I don't have one to play with.

blueskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Shows mockup case in hand. The next video on the list (pandora prototype in action) shows a few things running on it, though it doesn't show the full desktop.

Dimensions from wiki:
QUOTE said:
Dimensions: 140 x 83 x 27 mm (slightly larger than a DS Lite: vs 133 mm × 73.9 mm × 21.5 mm)

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Well I saw a video of Quake 2 running on Pandora hardware a while back. It was running at 60fps, and they werent even touching the 3D hardware. I saw a genesis emulator running games at 200fps, they are going to have to underclock it for 16 bit emulation otherwise it will be too fast. I think this machine really has got massive potential. All of you that are screaming "Omg you can get a netbook for the same price" are completely missing the point of this.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Made a topic like this already (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=132833&st=15&start=15). Just in case someone wants to contribute over there.

On another note, I e-mailed the devs to check if there were any spots left in batch one in case I wanted one, and guess what I got back. An order number! I'm on the list if I want one!

p1ngpong said:
Well I saw a video of Quake 2 running on Pandora hardware a while back. It was running at 60fps, and they werent even touching the 3D hardware. I saw a genesis emulator running games at 200fps, they are going to have to underclock it for 16 bit emulation otherwise it will be too fast. I think this machine really has got massive potential. All of you that are screaming "Omg you can get a netbook for the same price" are completely missing the point of this.
Think you, p1ng, that's exactly what I've been trying to say in the other thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning