Homebrew Question Is the NES Golf Emulator on the Switch even Real?

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I can't record a video, and I also wouldn't meet the criteria that he listed in his video anyway, as I opened my Switch a long time ago. However, my console is on 1.0.0, has never been connected to the internet, and I know for a fact that it is on there, as I have launched it several times, including just a few minutes ago. According to this page, it will not launch on anything above 1.0.0, even if it has never been connected to the internet, as it causes an error. According to that page, you will also never be able to launch it on any firmware from 2.0.0 to 3.0.2 without connecting it to the internet at least once, even if you set the system date to July 11. If he tried it on a new Switch from around October, as that video says, I would say that chances are the firmware was higher than 1.0.0 at that point. I also know that some people have accessed it on 2.0.0 to 3.0.0 with Pegaswitch, but I'm not too familiar with those methods. There are some threads about it on this board though...

Online PegaSwitch Server for Flog date setting

Can't Trigger "Flog"

Apparently it IS possible to trick nes golf into loading on your switch

Basically, from my understanding, to get it to launch without hacks, and without it actually being July 11, your Switch console must meet the following criteria...
  • Console firmware must be at 1.0.0
  • The console must never have been connected to the internet.
  • System time must be set to July 11.
If it has been connected to the internet once, you will have to wait until it is actually July 11, even if you are on 1.0.0. Also, obviously this only applies to firmwares 1.0.0 to 3.0.2.

To launch it with hacks, your firmware must be on 3.0.0 or lower, and you must set the network time to July 11.

As for the gestures, and the amount of attempts it took @fire3element to successfully pull it off in that video, I have to say that it personally took me many attempts to successfully launch it as well. However, once I got it for the first time, I have since been able to launch it very consistently.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Well, I can't record a video, and I also wouldn't meet the criteria that he listed in his video anyway, as I opened my Switch a long time ago. However, my console is on 1.0.0, has never been connected to the internet, and I know for a fact that it is on there, as I have launched it several times, including just a few minutes ago. According to this page, it will not launch on anything above 1.0.0, even if it has never been connected to the internet, as it causes an error. According to that page, you will also never be able to launch it on any firmware from 2.0.0 to 3.0.2 without connecting it to the internet at least once, even if you set the system date to July 11. If he tried it on a new Switch from around October, as that video says, I would say that chances are the firmware was higher than 1.0.0 at that point. I also know that some people have accessed it on 2.0.0 to 3.0.0 with Pegaswitch, but I'm not too familiar with those methods. There are some threads about it on this board though...

Online PegaSwitch Server for Flog date setting

Can't Trigger "Flog"

Apparently it IS possible to trick nes golf into loading on your switch

Basically, from my understanding, to get it to launch without hacks, and without it actually being July 11, your Switch console must meet the following criteria...
  • Console firmware must be at 1.0.0
  • The console must never have been connected to the internet.
  • System time must be set to July 11.
If it has been connected to the internet once, you will have to wait until it is actually July 11, even if you are on 1.0.0. Also, obviously this only applies to firmwares 1.0.0 to 3.0.2.

To launch it with hacks, your firmware must be on 3.0.0 or lower, and you must set the network time to July 11.

As for the gestures, and the amount of attempts it took @fire3element to successfully pull it off in that video, I have to say that it personally took me many attempts to successfully launch it as well. However, once I got it for the first time, I have since been able to launch it very consistently.
I think that you can launch it on 3.0.0 and lower if you use PegaSwitch.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Here you go ;)

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Can we get this video removed? This guy is a damn idiot. Mispronouncing everything and pretending this was some sort of "hoax".. He's a tool.

Me and my curious nature. I can not believe I wasted my time listening to him drone on and sound like a retard. It's been PROVEN, and still he and quite a few people apparently think it's fake. Can we also talk about how he didn't get the hand gestures right? FFS

Last edited by Kioku,

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think that you can launch it on 3.0.0 and lower if you use PegaSwitch.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Here you go ;)

Yes, that would be "with hacks," which my post mentioned. :) However, if, for example, you want to launch it on a 1.0.0 that has never been connected to the internet, then Pegaswitch is not required.

Reactions: Kioku

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Yes, that would be "with hacks," which my post mentioned. :) However, if, for example, you want to launch it on a 1.0.0 that has never been connected to the internet, then Pegaswitch is not required.
Oh. Ups, I should read thru the whole post first :)
My bad.

I put the video here just to show to anyone who is skeptic, that it is real (that's brand new Switch on 1.0.0)

Reactions: g4jek8j54

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can we get this video removed? This guy is a damn idiot. Mispronouncing everything and pretending this was some sort of "hoax".. He's a tool.

Me and my curious nature. I can not believe I wasted my time listening to him drone on and sound like a retard. It's been PROVEN, and still he and quite a few people apparently think it's fake. Can we also talk about how he didn't get the hand gestures right? FFS

Heh, I was actually surprised at the like/dislike ratio of that video. Unless he bought some of those (or something like that), I'm surprised that many people still think it's fake. Most comments that I see about Flog indicate that most believe that it was on the firmware, even if they never launched it personally.

Reactions: Ep8Script and Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Heh, I was actually surprised at the like/dislike ratio of that video. Unless he bought some of those (or something like that), I'm surprised that many people still think it's fake. Most comments that I see about Flog indicate that most believe that it was on the firmware, even if they never launched it personally.

This guy just screams "tinfoil". Oof.

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
so it won't work on a 2.x that's never been connected to the internet?

That would explain why I spent 20 minutes on Christmas waving my arms around like a fool trying it to get it work with no success on my son's new Switch :)

Ep8Script

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No, but you could get it to launch on 2.x, without it actually being July 11, if you use PegaSwitch.
Yeah, or if you wait for the actual date, of course. People on the YT comments seem to think it ONLY works on 1.0.0, they don't understand that the date is important.

Reactions: Kioku

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended