Hacking Is the MT Card dead and buried ?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
maybe they're just too busy selling their new sky3ds card. ;)

i don't know but i have a feeling the MT card team are the ones behind the sky3ds card.
Honestly? We're using the term "team" very generously here. For all we know, all these carts might be coming out of the same factory, regardless of whether or not there's different developers behind them.
Probably one of the finest days in that era was when we all got Wood at the same time.
Huh. I didn't know Sasha Grey visited these parts. I must've missed that... :unsure:

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
So if the MT development team are still working...they're working on hacking gateway software to incorporate into MT software ? Looks like they're around 3-4 months behind at least? Maybe Gateway did something with their code to make it really difficult to hack. Maybe MT development team is 1 person ?!
well the latest GW updates since 7.x encryption was added shot up to 4MB of obfuscation that like double the mess to try figure out.....plus with gateway adding dev menu support MT would have to either try disable it again or incorporate the same "insert card to boot" scheme that gateway have or they will just kill themselves as you would only need the card once to install dev menu then sell it on and enjoy your continued free support

Reactions: Vengenceonu

Snoozy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well since the indications are that MT Card is no longer relevant.....and that Sky Card MAY come from the same development team...why would anyone touch Sky Card with a bargepole, unless they also want to be left high and dry in Spring 2015 ?!

Snoozy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I missed that part in the threads. What suggests that?

Its in the Sky threads, and there are some similarities in the plastic enclosures. (ok that doesn't count for much)

Is the sky team simply the mt team trying to get one up on the gateway team again?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Oh gateway has cheats too? Where can I find a thread about that
well its more of a manual job and it only works with card2 or games converted to cia, but basically assuming you can figure out the save format you can edit the saves for any game you like however you like, not just a default set of 10 games with 2 codes per game, you can even use pkhex do edit your pokemon saves.....all pretty new but i expect we will be seeing some interesting stuff from that

ajfja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi ppl,

Since there have been no meaningful updates since summer and stuck on firmware 7.2 or thereabouts, the mt card is becoming irrelevant on the 3ds scene?

The MT development team have failed?

What are the current mt card owners doing now?

No Supersmash bros, Pokemon X and Y fail on start up (Save game data probs)

What are peoples opinions?

Actually, Pokemon X works for my MT-Card 2.1, but games like Super Smash Bros, Sonic Boom and Ultimate NES Remix don't...

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well its more of a manual job and it only works with card2 or games converted to cia, but basically assuming you can figure out the save format you can edit the saves for any game you like however you like, not just a default set of 10 games with 2 codes per game, you can even use pkhex do edit your pokemon saves.....all pretty new but i expect we will be seeing some interesting stuff from that
Thats cool but I'll wait till a more user friendly version I have a feeling I would mess up alot of saves if I try doing it manually. I'm still half way installing all my 3ds games in .cia format I think they run better and faster from the 3ds SD card then the gateway card

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure MT-Card has 7.x keyX now. However, they don't have the firmware extracted from Gateway without doing any real work so they can't just copypasta.

Reactions: Queno138

Snoozy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah i think he must be getting confused with R4i/3dslink/orange3ds that don't support card2 games

errr no not confused, pokemon x and y don't work, they crash out and say "please re insert game cart" (pokemon y) or "save data corrupt" (pokemon x)

tried different micro sd (samsung with higher speed, made no difference) tried 2 different x and y roms...same result

Anyways, it looks like MT team have failed MT card people

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
errr no not confused, pokemon x and y don't work, they crash out and say "please re insert game cart" (pokemon y) or "save data corrupt" (pokemon x)

tried different micro sd (samsung with higher speed, made no difference) tried 2 different x and y roms...same result

have you trimmed them?...if so....dont
and to get past the save corrupt screen press "UP + B + X"

ajfja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

What's your MT-Card version? Is it 2.1?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You're always on thin ice with flashcart manufacturers - the moment support stops being cost-effective and profitable, it's cut. As I've said on numerous occasions, they're not a charity and we shouldn't really have any warm and fuzzy feelings towards them.

Reactions: gamesquest1

Snoozy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
have you trimmed them?...if so....dont
and to get past the save corrupt screen press "UP + B + X"

trimmed bravely default and donkey kong country but pokemon was <2gb so I didn't think it needed trimming ?

Ajfja: Am on version 2.1...you don't honestly think I would be on a lower firmware version on MT Card and come here criticising MT Cards lack of updates ??!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
trimmed bravely default and donkey kong country but pokemon was <2gb so I didn't think it needed trimming ?

Am on version 2.1...you don't honestly think I would be on a lower firmware version on MT Card and come here criticising MT Cards lack of updates ??!
They're confused since the game should work on your card. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou