Hacking Is the M3 wiki outdated when it comes to SD cards?

falco123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For any format besides FAT(16), the Castlevania movie seems to go at 3 out of 5 stars, but I want to reformat my card to FAT32 in hopes that it will fix my Megaman Zero Real time saving problem. Can anyone confirm that with the new firmware, etc, FAT32 runs everything at full speed on an M3 Slim?

Heinrisch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't think that everything will ru with fullspeed ever on a M3 Slim.. Maybe if your SD card is rally fast. Why don't you just try?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Make sure you use 4xDMA when possible, it makes a huge difference. On Castlevania and many other games, selecting 4x will actually make it use 8xDMA. To get the extra speed boost you have to convert with GM 27a or higher, so you might want to reconvert your DS roms (it won't overwrite your saves but you can back up the ndssave directory just in case) with a newer GM if you used a setting other than 4xDMA or a GM earlier than 27a.

falco123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, but I already know about the speed boost and having to rewrite games, my question is if anyone knows if running FAT32 still doesn't have the castlevania intro, etc running at full speed (I assume it should and that they just haven't updated it) because I want to know before I reformat my card and lose everything.

EDIT: I just did it myself (ugh, what a waste of time) and Castlevania runs at about 4 out of 5. FAT runs perfectly. Either way, Megaman Zero still won't real time save and keep the sound working afterwards, so I had to reconvert to FAT. Sigh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: