Is the GP2x Wiz for me, please take your time to read this

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
I asked over at the GP32/GP2x forums but I also want to hear what more people think about this before I actually decide to get this, I think it was delayed till March or something like that.

here's a copypasta of my post there

QUOTE said:
The system looks cool but I want to know if it's for me or not.

For Emulation I already have
a modded Xbox - basically looking for a HANDHELD that would replace or improve on this
PSP Slim Hacked
DS with a flashcard
Wii hacked AND a modchip
A Good computer that runs anything you throw at it just fine, N64, PS1 and the likes

Of course I have many other system too but a Dreamcast, PS2, 360, and old consoles, but the ones I listed are my main for emulation and homebrew.

So with that in mind is the Wiz for me? Does it have some very good homebrew programs, like for example a good drawing program one that is better than Phidias on the DS, can it run N64 games or PS1 games?

Another thing to keep in mind is and I'll be honest here, I can NOT purchase original software, period, I live in Macedonia a country where people don't make much, around $300 a month and we either buy pirated games all over for super cheap and affordable prices or download them ourselves and I hear the main torrents site for GP2x has closed and I can't seem to find stuff for this anywhere else.

Guys, give me all the info I need because I don't want to buy something just cause it looks cool if I don't really need it.

So I'm looking for a handheld as good in emulation OR better than the original Modded Xbox, meaning MAME, NeoGeo and all that stuff at 100% plus more

thanks in advance

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't bother with it. Just sounds like a slightly upgraded GP2X F200. May as well wait for the Pandora or something to come along which has more to offer.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I might have gotten a Wiz, but when I saw that they went with a dual d-pad design, instead of normal buttons, I was completely put off.

Just for that design choice I wouldnt recommend it to anyone!

wiz.jpg

Look at that! Its a ludicrous design, how are you supposed to play anything with that?

Worst design ever!
mad.gif

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I dont think they sell F200's any more, which is a shame. Personally I think you guys are better off waiting for the Pandora. Out of all the handhelds they absolutely nailed the controls, its got a dpad, dual analogues as well as a full keyboard. If it meets its potential it could be the greatest handheld ever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1