Is the GC SD Media Launcher SDHC Compatible?

Discussion in 'Nintendo GameCube' started by philip11, Jul 19, 2012.

Jul 19, 2012
  1. philip11
    OP

Member philip11 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Is it? because I might buy one I just wanna know if it's just SD or it's also SDHC compatible.

2. gusmento01

Member gusmento01 GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Unfortunately no, i have mine since 2008 and it only supports SD.

3. philip11
    OP

United States
    Alright thanks I'm still getting it it's no big deal also what is the max size for a SD Card?

4. Arale

Newcomer Arale Member

Netherlands
    It says 4GB but nowaways 4GB is SDHC so max is probably 2GB. if you startup swiss you can switch to to sdhc cards .

5. philip11
    OP

United States
    Alright thanks!

6. TuBBe

Newcomer TuBBe Newbie

Finland
    Im sorry i dig up this thread, but i really want some info on this one! Ive really been struggling with the 2Gb limitation on my SD media launcher, when i can only fit one image on SD card.

So in essence, i boot up Swiss from the 2gb card, and when it has been loaded to ram, i pull the 2gb card out, and replace it with 32gb card for example, and it will work just fine, and i can run the images from there then? It would be so awesome...If im on wrong tracks here, please let me know how can i get biggerd cards working :<

7. Magsor

Member Magsor I am watching you

Canada
    Yes, up to 32gb... Its better to get a faster card also; like a class 10.

8. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    Yep, I plan on doing the same thing once Tom finishes my Companion Cube.

9. Latiken

Member Latiken GBATemp's Epic Fusion

United States
    Does anyone know if you can use a GBA flashcart on the GameBoy player for gamecube?
    That would be cool. Slightly off topic sorry.

10. zerofalcon

Member zerofalcon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    Yes you can. I use my EZFlash V 3-in-1 (GBA size) and it works perfect in the gameboy player.

11. Latiken

Member Latiken GBATemp's Epic Fusion

United States
    Ok, well I might get both.

12. TuBBe

Newcomer TuBBe Newbie

Finland
    Weird stuff happening here! So i finally got my hands to bigger SDHC card, and i tried the booting swiss with 2gb SD card and then switching cards. Here's whats happened.

Yesterday, i booted swiss from 2gb card, and then placed the SDHC card in, with only the game .iso's in there. Then i tried to load the SDHC card, and i got this error "Loaded 0 entries from config file" and "Failed to set the page size". After those errors, the swiss displayed the files that were in the SD card, even tho the SD card wasnt even in the machine. Well, i fiddled for a while, and then i tried to put the swiss files to the larger SDHC card aswell. It worked instantly and i was playing happily for the rest of the day.

Now i tried to play today. And booya, those 2 damn errors are back, but this time there is nothing i can do anymore from the top of my head. I already have the swiss files on both cards. Only thing that has changed since yesterday is that i renamed those .iso's in the SDHC card so i wouldnt have to guess everytime what game is "z3-p2" or something.

Any ideas guys?

Edit: Oh well. Here's what i did, i copied the exact files from SD to SDHC card, and changed my SDcard reader that i place to gamecube, and now it works again. Witchcraft...

13. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    Hm try reputting the Swiss files on the SD card. Maybe something got corrupted?

14. Arale

Newcomer Arale Member

Netherlands
    Uh take out the sd card and put in again. You need to insert it well, it might also be that "lock" slide thing of the sd card. If that doesn't help go here http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/portal.php the creator of swiss =) .

15. angel123456789

Newcomer angel123456789 Newbie

United States
    actualy sd media launcher works with micro sd im reading the instruction manual right now

16. aea

Newcomer aea Member

Dominican Republic
    About micro sd/sd supported by swiss, I could see that the guys from gc-forever have tested with even sdxc cards and work, and considering ide-exi devices use hdd up to 2 TB, I do not consider that the storage could be a problem for gamecube. About using sd/micro sd like storage devices, I recommend to use an sd adapter per sd card, because I do not think swiss can handle hot-swap so well. In my case I use the original sd adapter bundled with SDML and an SD Gecko and most homebrew work well, of course I have to insert the respective sd cards in the same slot to avoid errors. Gamecube is not dead, the only we need are more devs to port/create homebrew and prove our old gc still have a lot of potencial.

17. Jayro

Member Jayro MediCat DVD Developer

United States
    Sorry to bump this old thread from it's grave, but I'd rather not open a new thread of my own for such small concerns.

I will be acquiring a Datel SD Media Launcher of my own soon through a trade for a GB Player disc, and just want to make sure I'll be able to boot the GB Player ISO to use the GB Player without the original boot disc.

Will it work fine? And how do I setup the SD Card? It's the only ISO I plan on playing, the Cube will be a standalone GB/GBA Player.

18. aea

Newcomer aea Member

Dominican Republic
    Well, I havenĀ“t tested yet the GB Player disc to play GB/GBA games on Gamecube because I use emulators for that, but if I were you I would wait for this http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=2782 . They promise it will be better than using the original GB Player disc.

19. ShinyLatios

Member ShinyLatios Local "That Guy"

Netherlands

You can use Swiss to boot the iso from the SD Media Launcher, and it will work perfectly fine.

20. shadow5535

Newcomer shadow5535 Newbie

United States
    hey guys i just bought an sd media launcher and every iso i put on the sd when i load it on swiss it says the file is fragmented and the game doesnt load how do fix this