Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Placeholder said:
I'm not sure if you tried this already or not but try holding ctrl and scrolling in or out.
You can also do ctrl+0 which resets the text to default. I just disabled that feature with the scroll wheel in the about:config ? in Firefox since it was annoying me. This is assuming that the problem is because of zoomed text though.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Placeholder said:
I'm not sure if you tried this already or not but try holding ctrl and scrolling in or out.
Nope. I tried it. It isn't zooming issues.

QUOTE(TheWingless @ Oct 26 2009, 07:57 PM) You can also do ctrl+0 which resets the text to default. I just disabled that feature with the scroll wheel in the about:config ? in Firefox since it was annoying me. This is assuming that the problem is because of zoomed text though.
Ctrl+0. Is something suppose to pop-up or something? Because I tried it, and nothing came up or any changes happened.

If I haven't said so yet, I am using FireFox 3.5.3

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Splych said:
TheWingless said:
You can also do ctrl+0 which resets the text to default. I just disabled that feature with the scroll wheel in the about:config ? in Firefox since it was annoying me. This is assuming that the problem is because of zoomed text though.
Ctrl+0. Is something suppose to pop-up or something? Because I tried it, and nothing came up or any changes happened.

It's the same thing as the ctrl+scroll(which is actually + and -). Ctrl + [+/=] and Ctrl + [-/_] will zoom in and zoom out while Ctrl + 0 resets zoom in/out back to default. That's why nothing happens since your text is already at defualt settings it seems, though it doesn't seem to help since you still have the bolded text problem.

Placeholder

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have 7 -> Go to desktop, right click, Screen Resolution. Check nobody messed with that.

Still not right?

Again, using Windows 7 so it might vary from XP or Vista. -> Go to desktop, right click, personalise, select a default theme then change the wallpaper / glass color later.

STILL not right?

Once again, Windows 7. -> Start, Control Panel, Appearance and Personalization, Display, make sure Smaller - 100% is selected.

STILL not working?

From the same window as the previous suggestion, in the side panel, Set custom text size (DPI). Set it to 100% or less.

If none of those work, I don't know what the problem could be.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Splych said:
Placeholder said:
Nope. I tried it. It isn't zooming issues.

QUOTE(TheWingless @ Oct 26 2009, 07:57 PM) You can also do ctrl+0 which resets the text to default. I just disabled that feature with the scroll wheel in the about:config ? in Firefox since it was annoying me. This is assuming that the problem is because of zoomed text though.

Try using the 0 on your numberpad bro? If not that maybe try fiddling with the firefox text display settings.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I tried all those things. None worked.

I have a feeling, something I downloaded, then installed had something to do with it. And then my registry files got edited.

Good thing is that... I never installed major things on windows 7.

Re-installing...

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
alright. here's some screens:
gbatempboldtest2.png

gbatempboldtest.png

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you are going such routes the scene release of L4D was less than brilliant; it probably grabbed some fonts from your computer and stuck it in the directory it installed to (shortcutting them back in the original directory in the case of XP). Having not done the same on windows 7 I can not say.

Find them in the install directory and copy them back, do not uninstall L4D or you will end up with serious aggro as most of your major fonts will now be deleted.

Steam games are one of the few things I suggest you steer clear of the scene for instead opting for the p2p stuff.

option 2: you did not try to scroll with the control button held did you?- press control and 0 (numpad or number keys) and it will reset.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah, crap. Too bad I already un-installed L4D, and deleted it's directory folder. Would doing a system restore restore these things?

When I installed L4D, it wasn't the average installation progress. It extracted itself...

I deleted the whole directory after finding out after playing it, it was no good. Wasn't anything special. And prefered CoD4. So then, I checked the un-install wizard. Nothing, no L4D or anything. So I thought it would've been alright to delete the directory, and then it said it was being used by a person or program. I restarted my PC, then deleted the folder, and now, it is gone.

I tried Option 2 already. It didn't work. It is already set at 100% font size. Or even the Control + 0 .

I have a feeling, I may have deleted some fonts... Because I noticed that I don't have the Times New Roman font in my computer. After that, I started to wonder if it was either excluded from Windows 7 or if I deleted it somehow. I am thinking that I may have deleted it somehow since the Times New Roman font is very popular with not just students and people, even teachers prefer if you were to use that font.

Anyway, I know one thing, when it is a Steam Game, don't download it. If it is an average game that doesn't need to be installed in a special way to play it, then that's alright if you do. But now, I learned my lesson, never download Games that require special work for it to play on Multiplayer.

Placeholder

Trophies
XP
Country
Hrm... well Steam works perfectly for me, including L4D. I think your best bet is to try System Restore. If that fails all you can do is reinstall windows.

Don't give up on Steam though, it's great.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ahaha. I didn't get L4D with the help of Steam. I did it the arrrrred way. I am gonna do a system restore tomorrow. Hopefully, it will work. If it doesn't this sucks. Time to re-install Windows, and one thing I am sure about is to never, ever, play Steam Games another way instead of using Steam.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
System restore: I have probably fixed thousands of computers and the only problem it ever solved was how am I going to waste the next 10 minutes. The font stuff was likely done with basic file operations anyway and to do a system restore on that sort of thing would a) be a security nightmare (system restore already has a penchant for bringing malware back from the dead) and b) take up several hundred gigs a day for a normal machine.

Before installing anew find another install of the same* windows you have and snatch all the fonts from it (if you have to virtual machine it do it).
Find the fonts in Vista and copy/replace everything (the shortcuts will still be there)

*I do not think the font system has changed but let us not find out here if we do not have to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: