Hacking Is the flood of noob bricks genuine or trolling?

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
I believe that most of these reports are true. People don't like reading the things anyhow.

I had a problem using safehax/fasthax today where the system couldn't recognize the Decrypt9 payload and it took three tries to fix it - retrying it with different files, using waithax, and changing up the micro sd. Guess what was the problem???? Decrypt9 itself. I had to redownload the thing and rename it to arm9.bin to get it to work.

I was using the guide when you had to make and format your own emunand just to make it work. Seriously it was painful in the beginning, and now it's simple and easy...

When it was 4/5 part guide with MANY nand backups and the brick risk was brutally high

Reactions: astrangeone

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I always make a habit of creating a 9.2U NAND backup, as well as the finished 11.2 backup. That way I can have a virgin 9.2U, and re-flash it back in case I ever sell the console. Or need brick recovery

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I've a9lh'ed more than 100 3ds'es (2ds included) since april last year and I haven't made any bricks unless I intentionally do something reckless (but I have hardmod tho). With the release of fasthax+safehax, I a9lh'ed 5 already, will be 7 in a few hours as I'm doing two as I type this. It's really safe.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jayro

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I've a9lh'ed more than 100 3ds'es (2ds included) since april last year and I haven't made any bricks unless I intentionally do something reckless (but I have hardmod tho). With the release of fasthax+safehax, I a9lh'ed 5 already, will be 7 in a few hours as I'm doing two as I type this. It's really safe.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I bricked two out of about 200 so far. Mine was on the old otp less guide and the other before a9hl was released publicly and my compile was bad

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oddly I bricked an n3ds... My dumb ass dropped it during a band restore after otp.bin was recovered and let's just say the restore failed.

csgolawliet

Trophies
XP
Country
If only they followed patiently the guide and reading everything 2-3 times... I'm the biggest noob ever, this was my first hack and I got it first try...

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
I think a good part of the bricks are from non english speaking folks. Problems with automated translations over the guide and whatnot. I really understand how having more than one translation of the guide is a pain, but c'mon it's cheap just saying 'lrn2english'.

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
I actually can't believe the amount of people who don't actually have a NAND backup of their console. I was helping somebody over PM earlier this evening who didn't have a NAND backup at all and didn't know how to use hourglass9.

When did it stop being common practice to make NAND backups and have redundant copies across multiple kinds of media?

Reactions: Xiphiidae

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it is true and all but it is just sad how dumb the mistakes are and how they are all having the same mistakes and it is even more sad on how the dumb mistakes are making multiple users who havent done a9lh no longer want to do it because they think it is super risky when it isnt leaving multiple users to now have a emunand setup on 11.2 or staying on stock.

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
People are just lazy and don't read the guide WORD FOR WORD, they just skip whats unnecessary in their eyes then come crying on the forum, always make NAND backups, never know when you'll need them.(Besides how the hell don't you make backups it's common knowledge and sense)

Reactions: Xiphiidae

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone install A9LH during the brief period between Christmas and New Years before the latest guide overhaul, but with nimSM?

I still can't figure out what went wrong and have a decrypt9 log that shows a successful 2.01 ctrtransfer, but my N3DSXL never again booted with or without an SD card after that. It was never put in sleep mode either. It's already been sent off to be hardmodded, so hopefully that will do the trick and let me move past this shame and confusion.

Last edited by Glyptofane,

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I actually can't believe the amount of people who don't actually have a NAND backup of their console. I was helping somebody over PM earlier this evening who didn't have a NAND backup at all and didn't know how to use hourglass9.
When did it stop being common practice to make NAND backups and have redundant copies across multiple kinds of media?
People are just lazy and don't read the guide WORD FOR WORD, they just skip whats unnecessary in their eyes then come crying on the forum, always make NAND backups, never know when you'll need them.(Besides how the hell don't you make backups it's common knowledge and sense)
As I said in another thread in regards to NAND backups, the only way now to not have a pre-ctrtransfer NAND backup is if you explicitly tell Decrypt9 not to make one.

It's maddening that people would read a guide that tells them "do this important thing", and they would go out of their way to not do it.

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I said in another thread in regards to NAND backups, the only way now to not have a pre-ctrtransfer NAND backup is if you explicitly tell Decrypt9 not to make one.

It's maddening that people would read a guide that tells them "do this important thing", and they would go out of their way to not do it.
If i had more time to figure it out, i might make a pr to decrypt9 to add a message during the nand backup saying something like "Are you sure you don't want a backup? If you're using this to install a9lh, backups are REQUIRED to complete the install"

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If i had more time to figure it out, i might make a pr to decrypt9 to add a message during the nand backup saying something like "Are you sure you don't want a backup? If you're using this to install a9lh, backups are REQUIRED to complete the install"
I think that something like this, or putting a big red banner at this point in the guide saying how important making a backup is, would be a good idea.

Reactions: ItsKipz

Kyubnyan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is giving me anxiety about wanting A9LH' my N3DS arriving tomorrow.. should we refrain from using safehax?
No, safehax is amazing. It takes about 30 mins to be unbrickable and an hour to get everything set up, I have done an old and new 3ds and both worked perfectly first try.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Take some, @Sonic Angel Knight Here. :grog: