Hacking Is the DSTwo too tight for the 3DS's slot?

ZildjianKX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep on reading posts in the forum about how tight the card fits. Does anyone who recently purchased one have any feedback on how it fits? Some people have described creaking, etc.

nightbreed813

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It fits pretty tight but not too much that you can't put it in and pull it out. Every once in a while you might need an extra nudge to get it out, but its not too much of a problem. It mainly an annoyance.

Reactions: 1 person

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My dstwo is difficult to get out about 90% of the time. By that I mean it takes a couple of pushes in to get it to stick out enough to grab it and pull it out.

ZildjianKX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the feedback. If you were to do it over, would you buy the cart again, even with the size/fit annoyance?

I really like the feature set, but the build quality (cart not fitting together, chip under sticker) and size/fit issues are making me hesitant.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The DSTwo isn't the only cart with sticking issues. Most flash carts are not the exact original shape for various reasons (not made with official Nintendo parts, need to house different chips, etc.), and some may stick a bit one way or the other.

Hell, the R4i Gold models I have stick in my DSi if you try to pull them out on one side...
http://gbatemp.net/topic/293386-r4i-gold-3ds-compatible-review/
But that didn't stop me from giving it a gold review and recommending it because it's a relatively minor issue.

Same sort of thing with the DStwo. It's a bit harder to pull out of my DSi than legit carts (even Soulsilver with it's additional IR chip/transceiver), but that's minor.

ZildjianKX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just out of the sake of curiosity, I don't suppose anyone has tried a DSTwo in a 3DS XL yet to see how it fits, have they?

PEneoark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are using a Nyko Power Pak+, expect the DSTWO to be even more snug to the point of it being painstakingly hard to get out. It's one reason why I plan to get the Power Grip Pro when it releases.

If you're having issues with the PP+ and flashcart, you may want to reinstall it. My PP had some extra plastic on it, preventing it from seating well. I actually had to shave some off, and now my SC is a lot easier to get out.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny I'm seeing a topic about this because just today I thought, damn the supercard dstwo fits too damn tight in my 3DS. So, I'm only going to use it in my DSi/DSi XL/DS Lite, well not the DS Lite, the DS Lite has the much superior EZ Flash 3in1 for GBA emulation. :)

ClassicGOD

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Just out of the sake of curiosity, I don't suppose anyone has tried a DSTwo in a 3DS XL yet to see how it fits, have they?
I removed the sticker from mine (it makes it fit easier in 3DS) so all I can tell you is that it fits better in 3DS XL then it did in 3DS but I can't tell you if this is true for DS2 with original sticker in place.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
It fits pretty tight but not too much that you can't put it in and pull it out. Every once in a while you might need an extra nudge to get it out, but its not too much of a problem. It mainly an annoyance.

That's what she said.

Reactions: 2 people

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
I don't use my DS2 in my 3DS, but reading this topic made me think on how the DS2 does fit in my 3DS.

It is not tight at all to get in and it ejects without too much trouble.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I get a mig switch in the mail today